Best Healthiest Meal Kit Delivery Services
Do you eat healthy? You can and you should. There are companies that deliver to your home healthy meal kits. We’ve done research on the healthiest meal kit delivery services.
Check out our reviews for the top 5 Healthiest Meal Kit Delivery Services to see what might be the best choice for you and your family.
Blue Apron Meal Kit
Blue Apron has the widest variety of globally inspired recipes compared to other meal delivery services. This service was also one of the first to hit the market. Blue Apron offers:
- Inexpensive cost per serving
- Wide variety of global cuisines
- Wine pairing subscription service
- Blue Apron Menu
Sun Basket Meal Kit Delivery service ships fresh and organic ingredients and recipes every month. It offers:
Home Chef meal kit delivery offers weekly deliveries that have fresh, pre-portioned ingredients that will make you feel like a perfect chef in about 30 minutes. It offers:
Purple Carrot is plant-based meal delivery service that is a convenient solution to cook up tasty, healthy plant-based meals. It offers:
Splendid Spoon is a unique meal delivery service that specializes in delivering nutrient dense, but delicious smoothies and soups. Meal plans are designed as breakfast or lunch options.
- Healthy, delicious plant based meals
- No cooking or prep required
- Supports weight loss
More ProductsFreshly Prepared Meal Delivery Service Fresh Meal Plan Review Daily Harvest Review Hello Fresh
Meal kit delivery services can be a life saver. But what if you have diet restrictions or just prefer a healthy diet? A growing number of consumers are choosing to eat plant-based diets, vegan diets and even paleo diets. Fortunately, there are great healthy meal kit delivery services.
Actually, meal kits make eating healthy easier. Options are great with plant based food delivery services like Purple Carrot. In addition, mainstream meal kit delivery carriers also offer plant based menus like Sun Basket.
Best for Plant Based ONLY: Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot has introduced unique plant based recipes to the world of meal kit subscriptions. They are the strictly a plant based meal kit delivery service. Unquestionably, they make eating plant based fun and enjoyable. Purple Carrot originates from the hope that consumers will eat more vegetables rather than eat only vegetables. Furthermore, they introduce you to new vegetables, cooking techniques, and recipes that will have you excited to cook. Purple Carrot believes that plants have the power to change you and the planet.
Purple Carrot Pros
- Strictly Plant Based: 100% Plant-based recipes for vegans and vegetarians
- Safe for Food Allergies: Variety of nut-free and allergen-friendly recipes
- Flexible: Free shipping and flexible subscription
Purple Carrot Cons
- Dinner recipes can sometimes take more than 30 minutes
- Not all ingredients are organic or non-GMO certified
- Prices are higher than some competitors
The Benefits of Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot wants to change how the world eats. In fact, they open up access to their recipes for anyone to check out. Even if you’re not a member of Purple Carrot, you can still see their most popular recipes.
Purple Carrot not only keeps you healthy, but they also help you maintain a more eco-friendly, sustainable choice when it comes to dinnertime. With less water used to grow vegetables than to produce meat, plant-based recipes use fewer resources to create.Learn More @ Purple Carrot
Splendid Spoon is a unique vegan meal delivery service that specializes in delivering nutrient dense but delicious smoothies and soups.
Souping is the new juicing, according to the New York Times, and Splendid Spoon is leading the whole foods cleansing craze.
Splendid Spoon delivers plant-based, gluten free meals made with non-GMO ingredients.
The best part?
There’s zero cooking required with this meal delivery service. Read our full Splendid Spoon review to see if this is the best meal kit delivery service for your needs.
Splendid Spoon offers some great pros, particularly for people who want to eat plant based meals. We’ll go over some of our favorite pros in this section of our Splendid Spoon review.
- Convenient breakfast and lunch options: Many meal kit delivery services focus on providing simple dinners. Splendid Spoon has you covered for breakfast and lunch when you’re most likely to be at work or school.
- Easy cleanses: If you want to go on a cleanse, Splendid Spoon will make it easy. You’ll have ready-made food at your door, and you won’t go hungry because the food is actually filling.
- Healthy, delicious vegan meals: If you’re looking to eat more healthy food without trying to figure out how to incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables into your diet, Splendid Spoon is a great option.
- No cooking or prep required: Unlike other home delivery meals, Splendid Spoon’s soups and breakfast smoothies arrive at your door pre-made.
- Weight loss support: This service will help you manage your portion control and reduce how many unhealthy things are regularly a part of your diet.
As great as this service is, it’s not for everybody.
Here are some cons to keep in mind as you read our Splendid Spoon review:
- Expensive meal plans: Splendid Spoon is more expensive than some other services. However, the price makes sense when you consider how much nutrition you’re getting.
- Fixed menu options: Unlike other services that rotate between options or have new offerings every week, Splendid Spoon generally keeps the same options. This means you can keep getting your favorites, but you may get tired of the offerings after a while.
- Not suitable for families: Splendid Spoon is best used by individuals or a couple looking to easily improve their health. It’s not a good way to feed large families or young children.
Best Personalized Plans: Hello Fresh
Undoubtedly, Hello Fresh meal kit is one of America’s most popular meal delivery services. With healthy menu options and a full nutritional break down of each recipe, meal planning has never been easier. All the ingredients delivered are environmentally friendly, sustainable, and fresh.
Hello Fresh Pros
- Delicious recipes: In taste tests and Hello Fresh reviews, recipes from Hello Fresh rate as “very good.”
- Diet-friendly options: Hello Fresh regularly offers both vegetarian and meat recipes. Moreover, you can easily modify recipes to allow for diet or allergy restrictions.
- Easy account management: You can choose your meals.
- Farm fresh ingredients: Hello Fresh always sends high-quality ingredients from farms.
- Easy-to-follow instructions: Hello Fresh offers photo instructions with all the detail you need to create delicious meals.
- Full nutritional breakdown: Know the exact nutritional values of the recipes you make, you’re in like.
Hello Fresh Cons
- Long prep times: Some recipes take longer than 30 minutes to make, particularly if you’re inexperienced in the kitchen.
- Minimum order serves two people: If you want a meal service just for you, you’ll need to be okay with leftovers if you choose Hello Fresh.
- Small portion sizes: Other meal kits send larger portions. On the other hand, Hello Fresh’s portions are smaller than you’re used to eating.
What Is in Each Box
- Easy-to-follow recipes with clear nutritional info
- High-quality ingredients sourced straight from the farm
- Convenient meal kits that fit perfectly in the fridge
- Extra protein, side & compliments (bread, salad, and more), and desserts & treats add on options
- Add extra dinners or lunches to your weekly order
- A fun cooking experience that makes you feel unstoppable
How Meal Kit Delivery Works?
Wondering how meal kit delivery services actually work? Most meal delivery services allow you to choose 3-4 different recipes per week and offer varying options for portion sizes. Moreover, most meal kit delivery services limit the portion options to just 2, 3 or 4 servings.
All meal kit delivery services update their menus weekly with new recipes. You generally have the choice of selecting from 8-20 different recipes per week.
Each meal kit box includes individual recipe cards. After cooking your meals, you can log back into your customer account and rate the recipes you received.
Health Benefits of Using a Plant Based Meal Delivery Service
Undoubtedly, you can actually lose weight using a plant based meal delivery service. The main reason is that they make it easy to manage portion control. You only get the number of servings for each recipe that you selected, so there’s likely to be no leftovers tempting you.
Meal delivery services also give you a full nutritional breakdown for each recipe before choosing your meals. This makes it easy to only cook recipes that meet your diet restrictions and weight loss goals. If you’re trying to lose weight, you can select recipes that are all under 500 calories a portion.Read More