When it comes to taste, it’s hard to beat Hello Fresh. This meal delivery service has some of the highest rated recipes when it comes to flavor. Hello Fresh offers:
- Convenience: With HelloFresh, customers can skip the grocery store and have all the ingredients they need for a meal delivered right to their door. This saves time and eliminates the need for meal planning.
- Variety: They offers a wide variety of recipes each week, including vegetarian and low-calorie options. This allows customers to try new recipes and cuisines without having to leave their homes.
- Quality Ingredients: HelloFresh sources high-quality, fresh ingredients from trusted suppliers. The company also partners with farmers to provide sustainable produce and meat.
- Portion Control: They pre-portion the ingredients for each recipe, ensuring that customers don’t overeat or waste food. This can help customers maintain a healthy diet and reduce food waste.
- Cost-effective: HelloFresh provides a cost-effective solution for customers who want to cook at home. The service is often more affordable than eating out or buying pre-made meals from the grocery store.
Undoubtedly, this meal kit is one of America’s most popular meal delivery services. With healthy menu options and a full nutritional break down of each recipe, meal planning has never been easier. Read our full Hello Fresh review to see if Hello Fresh is the best meal kit delivery option for you.
Hello Fresh Overview
With Hello Fresh , you can choose between a variety of delicious plant-based or meat recipes created by expert chefs. Along with its a convenient service for both omnivores and vegetarians alike. Each recipe is easy to make in the comfort of your home, in under 30 minutes.
Above all, Hello Fresh makes it easy for even novice home cooks to recreate the recipes. Furthermore, farm fresh ingredients are delivered to your door with recipe cards that offer photo guidance. If you haven’t spent much time in your kitchen, it might take you a little longer than 30 minutes to whip up the recipes. However, the detailed photo instructions make it almost impossible to mess up the meals.
In a Consumer Reports test of Hello Fresh recipes, 6 out of 6 meals rate very good. Although the test did note that some recipes took a little more than 30 minutes to make. Prep time can be dependent on the cook’s culinary skills and experience.
Hello Fresh is a great meal kit subscription option. Without a doubt, these are some of our favorite things about it we’d like to highlight about Hello Fresh.
- Delicious recipes: In taste tests and Hello Fresh reviews, recipes from Hello Fresh rate as “very good.”
- Diet-friendly options: Hello Fresh regularly offers both vegetarian and meat recipes. Moreover, you can easily modify recipes to allow for diet or allergy restrictions.
- Easy account management: You can choose your meals.
- Farm fresh ingredients: Hello Fresh always sends high-quality ingredients from farms.
- Easy-to-follow instructions: Hello Fresh offers photo instructions with all the detail you need to create delicious meals.
- Full nutritional breakdown: Know the exact nutritional values of the recipes you make, you’re in like.
Food Quality and Ingredients
Hello Fresh partners with in-house chefs to provide customers with fresh ingredients from local food suppliers. All the ingredients delivered are environmentally friendly, sustainable, and fresh. Importantly, produce is sourced from family-owned farms, seafood is ocean-friendly and meat and poultry bought from top farms.
What’s in the Box
Each box comes with step-by-step instruction cards and all the ingredients you need to make your selected recipes. Importantly, you can choose between classic dishes, vegetarian-friendly recipes and meal kits to satisfy the whole family. They include all the ingredients you need for the week except for salt, pepper and cooking oil.
Ingredients ship in an insulated styrofoam cooler box with ice packs to keep everything inside fresh. Meat and fish packed in vacuumed sealed bags. The insulated packaging keeps your food fresh for up to 24 hours after delivery.
The meal kit boxes also sometimes include other cooking tips. For example, a box with a steak recipe might also include an extra card with tips on how to cook and cut steak for the best flavor. The Hello Fresh Meal Kit box, insulated liners and some of the plastic packaging are recyclable when broken down. All metallic plastic has to be thrown in the trash.
Recipes and Cooking Skills
Hello Fresh’s recipes are delicious and their recipe cards are simple, direct, and easy to follow. Apart from this, Hello Fresh offers a variety of both plant-based and meat recipes designed by experienced chefs.
You can easily modify almost all their recipes to accommodate your diet and any food allergies. Importantly, you’ll be able to find vegetarian, vegan and even gluten-free options. If you don’t see any vegan options you like, just chose to modify a vegetarian recipe that makes your mouth water instead.
How much cooking experience do you need to have to use Hello Fresh? Zero. The recipe cards leave any guesswork out of cooking. If you’re an inexperienced home cook, you won’t feel intimidated following along.
While other meal delivery services include directions that say things like “sprinkle a pinch of salt”, Hello Fresh tells you exactly what to do instead. How much is a pinch of salt, anyway? According to Hello Fresh, it’s 1/2 tsp. You’ll never be left scratching your head with the instructions you receive.Learn More
Meal Plan Options
Whether you’re cooking for just yourself or a big family, Hello Fresh has a meal plan option that’s designed to be convenient for you. Nevertheless, the biggest downside to Hello Fresh is that they don’t offer the widest range of portion sizes or flexibility in the number of recipes you want to be delivered. They offer three main plans that you can cancel at any time. It should be noted, you can also skip delivery any time you want.
The vegetarian plan starts at $8.99 per serving (+$5.99 for shipping) and can be adjusted for two or four portions. This plan delivers three recipes per week with plant-based proteins, healthy grains and seasonal produce.
Examples of recipes in this plan include:
- Seven-grain chiles rellenos with avocado salsa and zesty cream
- Butternut squash agnolotti with kale in a brown butter sage sauce
- Za’atar crusted grilled cheese with sumac roasted veggies.
The classic plan starts at $8.99 per serving (+$5.99 for shipping) and can be adjusted for two or four portions. This plan delivers two, three, or four recipes per week with the widest variety of meat, fish and seasonal produce.
Examples of recipes in this plan include:
- Balsamic fig chicken with sweet potatoes and mixed greens
- Swedish meatloaves with mashed potatoes, carrots, and currant jam
- Tuscan sausage and pepper spaghetti with tomatoes and parmesan.
The family plan starts at $7.87 per serving (+$5.99 for shipping) and only offers four portions. This plan delivers two or three recipes per week and focuses on easy, delicious meals the whole family will love. Recipes are kid approved.
Examples of recipes in this plan include:
- Mediterranean chicken legs with tomato orzo, roasted carrots and yogurt sauce
- Chicken sausage flatbreads with broiled zucchini and oregano
- Chicken pineapple quesadillas with pico de gallo and southwestern spices.
Hello Fresh Review Conclusion
In conclusion, after our Hello Fresh review, we don’t think any other meal kit delivery service can beat the taste of Hello Fresh meals. This service has some of the highest rated recipes. Every single recipe tested was rated “very good,” and there are tons of great Hello Fresh reviews from customers. Nevertheless, there’s a limited number of recipes you can order for the week and the number of servings you can choose, Hello Fresh is best for people who don’t want to use a meal delivery service full time.
If you’re too busy to cook most weeknights and want to use a meal delivery service to make weekend cooking easy, Hello Fresh is a great option. If you’d like to learn more, visit Hello Fresh’s website.
Submit your review
I love Hello Fresh. I thought I was a good cook, but hate cooking for just two people. Hello Fresh gives me just the amount of ingredients for two meals, twice a week. I love their seasonings and little additions to things I have been cooking for years.