Peloton has done a great job marketing their product. So much so that it has become one of the hottest name in fitness today. The beauty of the Peloton is that you no longer have to drag yourself to the gym for your spin class or let bad weather get in your way. You get a spin class experience in the comfort of your home. But the Peloton is a very expensive product. It’s hard to justify paying over $2,300 for an exercise bike. In in our opinion, there are a good number of alternatives to the Peloton that have a lot of the same features, with a much less cost.
The Top 5 Alternatives to The Peloton
1.) Echelon Smart Connect Bike
The Echelon Smart Connect Bike EX5S is affordable, easy to set up and caters to tech-savvy riders wanting to take advantage of training programs from the comfort of their own home. The bike is much more affordable compared to the over hyped Peloton. The bike comes equipped with the option to use SPD clips on one side and cage clips on the other allowing riders to use cycling shoes or their own sneakers. The Echelon is affordable, easy to set up and caters to tech-savvy riders wanting to take advantage of training programs from the comfort of their own home.
Some of the top features of this bike include:
- 14 daily live classes
- Magnetic Resistance
- Offers total comfort with customizable settings
- Over 10,000 on demand classes to choose from
- Clip-in & Cage Pedals
Echelon has 4 different smart bike models. The prices range from $839.98 to $1639.98.Buy @ Echelon
2.) NordicTrack Commercial S221 Studio Cycle
The NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle is the best in its class offering over 30 onboard workouts, plus access to NordicTrack’s iFit that has custom workouts, training resources and much more. Features include:
- 22 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams
- Join trainer-led classes where the instructor digitally adjusts your LIVE incline and resistance, keeping you focused on your high-energy workout.
- Trainers Who Move You with on-demand, streaming workouts feature LIVE Interactions™ where world-class trainers digitally adjust your incline, decline, and resistance for a great workout.
- Training Variety – With studio sessions to global workouts and even cross-training options like yoga and full-body sculpting, your options are limitless.
- Sleek design and front mounted wheels make it easy to transport
3.) Diamondback Fitness 510Ic Adjustable Indoor Cycle
Rated “best buy” four years in a row, the Diamondback exercise bike offers the best value for its price range. Built for a wide range of indoor and outdoor cycling enthusiasts, the Diamondback Indoor Cycling Trainer works well for all levels. Features include:
- 16 pre-set workouts and 16 resistance levels
- 32 lb flywheel makes it an incredibly smooth ride
- Console provides real-time rider data
- Only $799.99
4.) Sole R92 Recumbent Bike
The Sole Recumbent bikes are the perfect way to give yourself a low impact workout. The Sole® R92 is the industry standard for a recumbent bike providing physical challenges that are easier on the joints.
- Patented 2 degree inward foot pedal design
- 32 workout programs and 32 levels of resistance
- Integrated 9.0″ LCD screen
- Bluetooth audio speakers
- Ergonomic seating and adjustability
- Frictionless magnetic resistance delivers a smooth and quiet ride
5.) Bowflex C6 Bike
With the Bowflex C6 Bike, you can connect with the Peloton app, getting the same experience as a Peloton at 1/3 the cost for the bike.
- Incredibly smooth, quiet ride
- Backlit LCD metric console
- Magnetic resistance with 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels
- Dual link pedals with toe cages
- Pair of 3 lb. dumbbells with easy-reach cradles
- Bluetooth enabled heart rate armband monitor
- Cost is only $899
Top Accessories for Exercise Bike
After you purchase your exercise bike there are a few accessories that you will need to make your workouts more impactful. These are some simple items, but they help make your workout more enjoyable. Things such as a floor protection mat or a water bottle, are items you do not think about during your bigger purchase. But, you will need to purchase them separately. Below are a few of the most important accessories that you might need.
Mat for Under Bike:
Indoor cycling exercise bikes, as well as other types of exercise machines, cause vibration. It can damage the floor, make noise and also ruin your bike. The equipment mat is the perfect solution to prevent all the mentioned damages and have a stable ride on all types of floors including hardwood, carpet or tile. Make sure they are made of heavy duty, durable materials that will protect your equipment investment from dust, excess vibration, dampen noise, and will help extend the life of your equipment while protecting your floors from damage and scratches.
Comfortable Indoor Cycle Seat
Less expensive exercise bikes usually come with cheaply made stock exercise bike seats. They are hard and not ergonomic, meaning they are not breathable and don’t have the proper curves and designs to reduce chafing or provide the support for longer rides. Additionally, using an uncomfortable stock seat can give you prostate problems, chronic back pain, and even erectile dysfunction. There is anatomically supportive and comfortable road bike saddle that will distribute pressure from your back across the surface of the saddle and will eliminate sit bone pain immediately. Due to their narrow design, ideal soft padding and a deep center cutout, these ergonomic spin bike saddles will relief pressure points in your sensitive areas and will allow you to pedal longer without experiencing chaffing, soreness, and pain.
It is something that is almost never included with the bike but it’s an important accessory to consider in order to stay hydrated during a long or even short indoor cycling workouts. The best cycling bottles can keep the water cold for longer because they usually have double walled construction. Most of them are engineered to securely fit in a variety of bottle cages. You can easily squeeze to get more fluid with less effort and last but not least they need to be easy to clean.
Other Fitness Equipment
While we’ve focused here on high-tech fitness bikes that are good Peloton alternatives, an exercise bike is only one part of your home gym. We’ve recently scoured the web for good deals on other home gym essentials, which you can check out below.
- Top 5 Fitness Trackers
- Top 5 Home Dumbbells
- Top 5 Treadmills
- Top 5 Elliptical
- Top 5 Heart Rate Monitors
NordicTrack Fusion CST Strength Training Machine
- 10” portal 10I HD removable tablet included, iFit enabled. Includes a 1-Year iFit membership ($396 value)
- 6 integrated ergonomic removable handles, 6 precision cable ends, 2 ankle strap accessories. 2 squat pulleys included, iFit Bluetooth chest strap included.
- 20 digital power resistance settings, smr silent magnetic resistance
- 10 year frame, 1-Year parts & Labor