Summer is upon us. Dust off that BBQ and check out these best 5 vegetarian grilling recipes to get your taste buds going.
5.) Halloumi Skewers with Cilantro-Tahini Sauce
Delicious grilled, salty cheese and vegetable skewers by Naturally Ella need we say more!
For the halloumi
- 1 7 or 8 oz package halloumi,
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the vegetables
- 1 small red onion
- 1 green or red pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt, optional*
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. honey*
- Water, for thinning
For the topping
- Extra cilantro
- Sesame Seeds
- Place 8 wooden skewers in water and let soak for at least an hour.
- Remove halloumi from package and drain of any excess water.
- Cut halloumi into ideally 24 cubes (I started with 12 cubes and cut each in half).
- Lightly toss with1/2 tablespoon olive oil and black pepper, set aside.
- Cut vegetables into pieces roughly the same size at the halloumi.
- Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Let mixture sit* while lighting the grill.
- Once grill is hot and ready, thread a mixture of vegetables and halloumi onto the skewers.
- Thread it onto the skewer is slowly and gently.
- Preheat grill to medium-low (if applicable.)
- Place skewers on clean grill grate and cook, rotating occasionally, until cheese and vegetables are charred.
- Remove from heat and let slightly cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine ingredients for tahini sauce, pureeing until cilantro is minced.
- Thin with water to reach desired consistency and drizzle over skewers.
- Finish with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and sesame seeds.
Tip : Marinadethe vegetables up to a day before.