You will certainly not miss the meat, dairy and eggs in any of these easy vegan appetizers. Whether you are vegan or not give these top 5 delicious vegan appetizers recipes a try!
5.) Spinach and Artichoke Dip
A creamy and delicious dip great with toasted pita bread or veggies of your choice. A comfort food for many, here’s the perfect vegan spinach and artichoke dip recipe.
- 3/4 cups finely chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for 20 mins in hot water)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp.lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 x 395 ml can butterbeans or navy beans
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, drained from marinade
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- In a pan over medium heat sauté onion in 2 teaspoons of olive oil for 2-3 minutes until slightly soft and fragrant. Lower heat to medium-low and add in minced garlic and spinach and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted and soft, but still bright green.
- Drain and rinse cashews from soaking water and add to a food processor. Process until they become a fine meal and nearly smooth. Then add tapioca, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, onion powder, white pepper, dried basil, chili flakes, and half the non-dairy milk to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Then add in beans and artichokes and run the machine while you gradually add the remaining half cup of non-dairy milk. Process until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into your baking dish and fold in the spinach, onion, and garlic mixture.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes. It should be bubbling and slightly puffed and golden brown on top.
- Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables for dipping