Editors’ Choice: Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
One massage with this Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager and you’ll understand why this is one of the best sellers in the foot massager industry.
The ultra-relaxing massage nodes and compact, sleek design are hard to resist.43
Depending on what you need, you can choose one of the five massage intensities. It’s almost as if there’s a masseuse at work. You can also enjoy the soothing heated function, which helps increase blood flow and improves circulation.
Belmint Shiatsu Pros
- Adjustable settings: Choose between the five intensity and pressure settings to customize it to your liking.
- Human feeling: Users say the Belmint gives a massage that feels like the hands of a real person.
Belmint Shiatsu Cons
- Small size: While the Belmint works for people with up to a shoe size of 12, people on the larger end may not be able to feel the massage nodes on their heels.
Best Value: Homedics Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
Don’t let the unusual design of this Homedic foot massager scare you. The deep kneading shiatsu massages it delivers are as powerful and efficient as other models on this list — and you’re paying half the price you would for the others.
The 18 massage nodes will deliver a satisfying massage that will relieve the muscles and tensions in your feet and legs.
The nonhooded design of this model can accommodate anyone with a shoe size of up to 13.
After your deep tissue massage, enjoy the warming feature as it spreads across the soles of your feet.
Homedics Foot Massager Pros
- Affordable price: While most foot massagers cross the $100 threshold, this one doesn’t. Get this powerful massager for a little over $50.
- Toe controls: Instead of bending down to change the controls in this unit, you can use your toes to control the settings.
- Unique design: The design is unique and minimal compared to the other models, making it more portable than most.
Homedics Foot Massager Cons
- Delayed heating: Some users complained that the heating feature took too long to turn on.
Best Shiatsu: Brookstone F4 Shiatsu Massager
If you’re familiar with the Shiatsu technique, then you know that it is rejuvenating and packed with benefits.
With the Brookstone F4 massager, you can experience the joys of a Shiatsu massage on the soles of your feet. Slip your feet into the removable cloth containers with deep kneading rollers and selectable heating functions. The rollers inside of the unit feel like that a real masseuse.
Our only qualm with this model is the high price tag. At over $500, this model may be out of some people’s price range.
If you want a luxury feet massage experience and money isn’t an issue for you, this may be the perfect option.
Brookstone F4 Pros
- Air compression: Massage rollers and an air compression technique helps to promote relaxation and improve circulation.
- Removable cloth: To clean the foot insoles, unzip the removable parts out and throw it in the washer.
- Selectable heat function: You can choose to do heat therapy for the ultimate relaxation in your feet and legs.
Brookstone F4 Cons
- Expensive unit: The price tag will deter away many people, especially when there are excellent models at less than half the price.
Best Heated: Renpho Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
A soothing, detoxifying massage is readily available with Renpho’s Shiatsu foot massager.
We love this option for its quality, affordable price, and excellent heating function. You won’t want to miss a day with this massager once you experience the powerful deep-kneading on your feet.
The massage cushions use both heat and air pressure to relieve pain and tension in the feet, which releases toxins through the feet.
The Shiatsu technique helps to increase your blood circulation and improve your immune system through foot reflexology.
Renpho Shiatsu Foot Massager Pros
- Affordable price: Enjoy this without breaking the bank. The cost is under $150.
- Heated technology: You can get a soothing hot sensation during your relaxing foot massage.
Renpho Shiatsu Foot Massager Cons
- No heel massage: Unfortunately, the heel doesn’t get massaged in the foot cushions, which may be annoying to some.
Best Portable: Miko Shiatsu Home Foot Massager
This model is one of the top-rated foot massagers you can buy, and its wealth of features easily prove why.
First, this model is durable and quality in one. You can be sure it will last for years and will deliver quality Shiatsu massages.
Miko delivers deep kneading treatment to the soles and tops of the feet. By targeting the pressure points in your feet, the Miko can help to relieve the built-up tension and stress from the day. You can change and customize the settings to your liking with the remote control panel.
We love how lightweight this model is, which also makes it extremely portable. Take it with you to the office, or move it around your home for your family to use.
Also, you won’t need to bend down to change the settings, making this massager an option for the elderly or anyone with mobility issues.
Miko Foot Massager Pros
- Lightweight and portable: The design is compact and lightweight, making it portable.
- Wireless remote control: This is one of the few models with a wireless remote control. You don’t have to bend down to choose your settings.
Miko Foot Massager Cons
- No heel reach: Unless you have small feet, the massage nodes don’t reach the heels at all.
Electric vs. Manual Foot Massagers
There are several types of foot massagers. The main differences can be broken down between two of the main types: electric vs. manual.
While our top picks are electric foot massagers, it’s still helpful to know the difference between the two.
Electric Foot Massagers
An electric foot massager is any of the units that you can find on our list. They are usually a compact, capsule-looking machine that requires you to plug it in.
Most of them have foot capsules, but some of them aren’t hooded. Either way, an electric massager offers several types of automated foot massages and settings. The only thing you have to do is sit back and slip your feet in and enjoy.
Electric foot massagers are always innovating and evolving. New updates come out periodically offering unique features such as Bluetooth controls, various massage techniques, and more comfortable massage nodes.
- Extra features like heating
- Simple functions
- Several powerful massage techniques
- Higher cost
- Heavy materials
- Requires power
Manual Foot Massagers
A manual foot massager is a no-frills massager that has several balls and rollers that you roll up and down and back and forth on your feet.
These massagers leave you to do the work. You massage your feet and legs by placing heavy pressure on it.
Because these don’t consist of any motors or electronics, they are usually much cheaper and lightweight. This makes them more portable and easy to use wherever you are.
- Pressure is easy to adjust
- Cost less than electric massagers
- No power required
- Portable design
- Requires your strength to work
Foot Massagers Buyer’s Guide
Finding the right foot massager can take some time, especially if you don’t know what massage techniques you want or what features are available.
Our buyer’s guide will make the buying process easier by going over everything you should know about finding the ideal unit for you.
First, check how much of your foot will get a massage on the unit you’re interested in using.
On our list of top picks, you’ll find massagers that only cover the feet. This is the most common type of foot massager. However, some foot massagers cover your feet, ankles, and sometimes legs.
The foot, ankle, and calf massagers are available, but they are not as compact as most feet massagers. They look similar to the foot part on a massage chair, but the massage heads travel towards the calves and back down to the feet to relieve pain and tensions in the muscles.
A calf massager will also increase blood flow to the area. If you sit down at an office all day, this is a helpful feature to have.
Nevertheless, it’s most common to find an inexpensive and portable foot massager that only targets the feet.
Ease of Use
Foot massagers are compact, specific devices, which means they should be easy to use.
Because they target one part of the body, you should be able to turn it on and use in seconds. The user-friendliness may vary from model to model.
Some factors that could contribute to the ease of use are:
- Customizable/adjustable settings
- Easy setup
- Remote control
Check with the manufacturer’s page to see how easy it is to control the functions of the foot massager. If it is a complex control system, familiarize yourself with it beforehand.
Our favorite feature to help the usability is a wireless remote control, which eliminates the need to bend over to adjust the intensity settings. Another fun feature we love is toe control, which also lets you comfortably change the controls while getting a massage.
Most, if not all, foot massagers should be simple to operate.
Foot massagers offer different kinds of techniques. While all of them will help with sore feet, you might prefer some methods more than others.
Here are the most common options you will find:
- Heated: If you’re in the market for a heated massager, double-check to make sure it is. While heat is common, it is not a default feature for all massagers. Plus, not all models are equal. Some have stronger heating sensations than others. If you’re looking for a heating pad on your feet after your foot massage, you may be disappointed when you only receive a warm feeling instead. Look at the reviews of the products to see how people rate the heat to make sure you get what you want.
- Kneading: In a foot massager, you’ll typically find a kneading massage technique. Both open and close-toed massagers offer a kneading foot massage. It involves the massaging nodes rotating back and forth to hit the pressure points in your feet. The massage heads usually spin counterclockwise and clockwise to form a kneading motion
- Oscillating: An oscillating massage technique usually is in open, flat designs similar to the Homedics massager on our list. This is the type of massager that rolls the nodes back and forth while you place your feet on top, applying pressure to various points of your foot. The advantage of this is that you can choose the exact spot to put your feet so that the nodes oscillate on your trigger areas.
- Shiatsu: This is one of the most common types of massage techniques you’ll see available in foot massagers. Both open and closed-toed massagers have them. They use a method that presses down into different parts of your foot. This acts as acupuncture and is meant to improve blood circulation at acupressure points.
If you have a particular type of massage or feature you want, check the product specifications to make sure the one you buy will meet your needs.
Size and Weight
Size doesn’t necessarily refer to the size of the unit. One of the more important aspects is the size of the feet it can fit.
This measurement will weed out buyers who can and can’t use a unit. Check the specs of a foot massager to make sure you can fit your feet into it. Most units accommodate up to a size 12 in shoes and some even a size 13. Some devices only go up to a size 10, so double-check the individual unit before you buy.
If you are close to the size limit, you may not be able to cover your entire foot. Your heels may not get massaged the same way as the rest of your foot.
The weight of a foot massager depends on where you plan to use it.
If you’re planning to take it back and forth with you to the office and home, keep the weight limit in mind. If you only plan to use the massager at home, the weight isn’t as important.
Most massagers will come with a warranty.
Look for a minimum of a year warranty on parts and labor. Some units will offer a longer warranty or even a lifetime warranty.
Check the manufacturer’s page for detailed information about what to expect if something malfunctions. If you buy on Amazon or another online retail website, the warranty information should be in the product description.
Use our top picks and our buying guide to find the perfect foot massager to relax and unwind with at the end of the day. Your feet deserve it!