One of my favorite ways to enjoy the warm summer evenings is to grill. It’s also one of the best ways to make easy and delicious summer dinners. Whip together a quick zesty marinade before leaving for work and then throw everything on the grill when you get home. Dinner done.
So what is the best bbq marinade for summer grilling? We’ve rounded up five bbq marinades perfect for steak, chicken, fish, and melt in your mouth ribs. Whether you’re making a quick weeknight dinner on a gas grill or settling in for an afternoon of cocktails while keeping a charcoal fire burning, these bbq sauce marinade recipes have you covered.
Here are five easy and delicious BBQ marinades for next level grilling this summer:
1. ) Coffee Infused Balsamic BBQ Marinade
Coffee in a bbq marinade? Yes! Coffee isn’t just delicious in your morning cup of joe, it’s also adds great flavor to marinades for meats. Especially red meat. The combined acidity from the coffee and balsamic vinegar make for the most tender pieces of steak ever! And the flavor is even better.
Kara Golis, the nutritionist behind the blog Bite Sized Nutrition, uses cold brew to make the best bbq marinade with coffee I’ve ever tried. Seriously. But don’t take my word for it, try this easy bbq marinade for yourself.
BBQ Sauce Recipe: Coffee Infused Balsamic Marinade
- 1 lb flat iron steak
- 1/4 cup of cold brew coffee
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 tsp of pepper
- To marinate steak place it in a gallon zip lock bag.
- Add cold brew andbalsamic vinegar.
- Toss to combine thoroughly.
- Seal ziplock bag and let steak marinate at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides when ready to cook.
- Cook the steak on the grill or in the oven under the broiler for about 4 minutes each side.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
*Here’s a quick guide to help you avoid the 7 common mistakes when cooking the perfect steak.