The juicing trend is so last year. This season souping is the new juicing. The lastest soup cleanse allows you to fit in five hearty soups as meal replacements over the course of one week. Souping is a much easier detox than doing a juice cleanse. It is also said that blended soups may actually be healthier than drinking copious amounts of juice.
Soups retain fiber, which is good for your gut bacteria, making souping healthier for detoxing. This fiber also plays a key role in removing toxins from the body and helps anchor blood sugar levels, making you less hungry throughout the day.
With the colder months upon us, why not get out that blender, cook up a storm in the kitchen and keep all warm and cozy with a delicious blended soup?
We’ve put together five of our favorite recipes for blended soups to help keep you warm this fall:
5.) Creamy Roasted Carrot, Garlic and Rosemary Soup
This is a delicious, savory and garlicky soup from Veganosity. The roasting process brings out the sweetness of the carrots and makes them caramelized and sticky. You need to try this recipe!
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Makes 6-8 cups
- 12 large carrots, peeled, halved and with ends cut off
- 4 garlic cloves, skins removed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper
Oils and Vinegars
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Put the carrots on a lined baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil on top. Grind some sea salt and black pepper on top and toss until the olive oil coats the carrots.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375F and add garlic cloves. Shake the carrots and turn over the garlic to ensure that they are covered in the olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Shake the pan and then roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the rosemary leaves and shake the pan. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let the carrots, garlic and rosemary cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the carrots, garlic and rosemary in a high-powered blender with 1 1/2 cups of almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into a medium sauce pan and add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of almond milk and stir to blend.
- Heat on medium-low and add ground sea salt and pepper to taste.