Taking online surveys is an exciting way of earning an extra buck from the comfort of your home. However, it can be a sad waste of time if the site is a scam rather than one of the legitimate paid survey sites out there. Such disreputable businesses will let you spend your precious minutes on a survey only to cancel your session with just one or two questions to go — and not pay you for your effort.
However, working with a legitimate survey company guarantees you money (or other rewards) for your time. Here are three legitimate paid survey sites that you should try. Most of them will compensate you even if you are disqualified during a survey. One of them even has a mobile app to allow you use your cell phone to earn money.
If you do not think online surveys pay, then you probably have not tried Global Test Market. They paid out over $32 million in rewards to their members in 2014 alone. It’s free to sign up and available in most countries across the world to join.
How To Make Money on GlobalTestMarket
You can earn money on this site in five different ways.
- Online surveys: A big reason why many join GlobalTestMarket is that you actually earn cash for doing surveys. You get up to $5 per survey completed and although it’s not going to make you a millionaire by any means, it does help a lot of moms cover groceries and other bills.
- Mobile App: They have an app you can download called LifePoints you can conveniently download to easily access on your phone and fill out more surveys whenever you have downtime throughout the day.
- Sweepstakes: You can enter in to win extra cash and last we checked it was at $2,000. They do run these at different times throughout the year so you’ll have multiple opportunities to win here.
- Profile surveys: As companies get to know you better as a person, you get the benefit of stacking up your points and then turning those in for rewards or cash. It’s a very simple way of quickly adding points up to help you cash out sooner.
- Referrals: Another way to increase your earnings with GTM is to refer your friends. Once they sign up, you will be credited with 20 points.
Redeeming Your Rewards
Your account should have a balance of at least 1,000 points for you to redeem your earnings as cash to PayPal or by check. Other options for redeeming your rewards are:
- Retail e-vouchers
- Starbucks gift cards
- Restaurant gift cards
- Sweepstakes entries
- Amazon gift cards
- Best Buy gift cards
- Wal-Mart gift cards
- Donations to charity
Eligibility: This panel accepts people aged 14+ in most countries across the globe.
MyPoints came into the industry a decade after ACOP but now stands out as one of its primary competitors. It is one of the only paid survey sites that has embraced the use of mobile apps.
How To Make Money on MyPoints
MyPoints offers its members seven different ways of earning cash.
- Registration bonus: MyPoints offers you 100 points when you subscribe to it via the mobile app.
- Online surveys: These are the primary sources of points for most people on this site. You need to keep tabs on the “survey zone” for latest surveys. Like Branded Surveys, MyPoints rewards you for your time even if you get disqualified along the way.
- Printing coupons: You earn 10 points on for each coupon you print and redeem. You will also earn 25 bonus points if you print 10 to 15 coupons on a month. Printing more will make you 50 extra points.
- Watch videos: Earn a point each time you watch a video. The videos fall into different categories, from health and wellness to entertainment and other exciting topics.
- Play games: MyPoints is an excellent site for those who love online games. You can choose from a dozen games and earn 5 to 10 points for each play. You can also play slot machine games and win extra prizes.
- Online shopping: MyPoints also rewards you in cash for shopping at one of its partner stores within the first month of subscription. You will get $10 cash back for every $20 you spend on any of the listed products. Besides the $10, which equals, 1,750 points, you will also get bonus points.
Redeeming Your Rewards
You require a minimum account balance of 700 points ($5) to redeem your rewards as cash to your PayPal account or as Amazon Gift cards and retail e-vouchers.
Eligibility: Only residents of the United States and Canada are accepted.
American Consumer Opinion
ACOP is one of the oldest paid survey sites in the industry. It came into the industry in 1986 and remains among the best survey companies in the world. It has paid out over 30 million rewards to its members whose number exceeds 7 million. Its parent company, Decision Analyst, is a member of the Better Business Bureau, BBB, and partners with many prestigious marketing firms.
How To Make Money on ACOP
The survey site provides at least five different ways for you to make money online.
- Online surveys: It is the primary method of making extra cash on this panel. You earn points each time you spend time on any of the polls on this site. The short surveys have not more than 20 questions and carry 5 to 50 points each. Long surveys are worth between 100 and 5,000 points.
- Household surveys: ACOP makes its surveys more customized through its household survey program. This is where you get a chance to answer questions about the products and services that you use in your house on a day-to-day basis. Those who participate in this survey tend to get more survey invitations. However, this type of survey is not available daily.
- Product tests: You can earn money by trying out a new product. The site will send you the product to test. You also earn points for this and they might let you keep the item, too.
- Judging advertising programs: Providing critical analysis on a new advertising program will also earn you points in ACOP.
- Referrals: Nearly all survey sites reward members who recruit others. You can make an extra buck by asking a friend to join and share their opinions. You receive an entry into the monthly prize draws for every successful referral. The prize for the monthly draw is 5,000 points.
Redeeming Your Rewards
You can redeem your ACOP points in three different ways:
- Cash: The first option is to cash out your earnings. You can withdraw it to either PayPal or Hyperwallet. Hyperwallet is available in over 170 countries around the world. Processing the payment will take between eight and twelve weeks. ACOP notifies their members through email as soon as the money is available.
- Sweepstakes entries: You can also invest your points in sweepstake draws and stand a chance to win better and more lucrative prizes.
- Charity donation: If you do not want the money for your personal use then you can donate to charity. The survey site provides a list of credible charities that you can support with your earnings.
Eligibility: All people can join ACOP irrespective of their country of residence as long as they are at least 14 years old. However, only one person can register per household.