I know what you may be thinking. Hate and chocolate couldn’t possibly go in the same sentence, right? Well, don’t be so quick to judge, as there are plenty of people out there who don’t buy into the concept that chocolate is the elixir of life. No, actually there are some folks out there who would pass on a chocolatey brownie for something more fruity, or vanilla and caramel-y (or even bacon and maple-y). The world of sweet treats and desserts is big and full of deliciousness and we shouldn’t be limited to chocolate-centered ones. And if you hate chocolate, you deserve some chocolate free desserts in your life, too.
We’ve got five recipes for desserts for those of us who hate chocolate but still want the right to indulge in what most call the best part of a meal. You may not even hate chocolate, you may just be someone who doesn’t see chocolate as the end-all-be-all, and these chocolate free dessert recipes could inspire you!
5.) Funfetti Cake Batter Blondie
People who hate chocolate can surely enjoy a brownie-like treat, only this one is made with cake batter. These blondies are absolutely irresistible because who could turn down licking the remnants of a cake batter bowl? Right, no one. For the chocolate haters and the funfetti lovers, this one is for you. Enjoy!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix or make your own with this homemade recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk (less is better)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º and spray down a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the cake mix, vegetable oil and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the milk slowly to the bowl as you mix it, the thicker the cake batter, the better.
- Mix in the sprinkles and the white chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25–30 minutes. The edges should be slightly brown.
- After baking, remove the pan and allow to cool for 30 more minutes. The center will seem gooey and not done, but it will firm while it cools off.
For an extra sweet kick, top with your favorite ice cream flavor!
Makes 20 blondies