Mark it in your calendars with a big bold red marker: this year in 2018, Black Friday will be on November 23rd, while Cyber Monday will come on November 26th.
These two days have been the highlights of the holiday shopping season for quite some time now. On Friday, some shoppers don’t hesitate to throw in fists to become the proud owners of a discounted 4K TV or the last Xbox 360 in the store. Those who prefer to shop in the comfort of their pajamas get in a clicking war on Monday, with at least 25 tabs open on their browsers.
But no matter how you look at it, the deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday are pretty darn sweet—provided you know where to look. Whether you’re looking for a new exercise bike, a killer espresso machine, or a brand new mattress, these two days can be the answer you’re looking for.
However, one can easily be overwhelmed by all the ads and promotional emails they receive to keep track of all that info. Luckily, the experts have cut our research time in half as they pointed consumers to the best deals they can find on both days—and more.
Let’s unwrap what these unofficial shopping holidays have to offer!
Black Friday: The Brick-And-Mortar Deals
Once Black Friday started back in the 1950s, it gained more exposure and loyal consumers with every passing year.
But how can you know what to buy and when? How can you be sure that the store you’re planning on camping outside of has the best offers for the products you’re targeting?
This challenging task had been tackled by the personal finance website WalletHub, which conducted a survey on7,000 deals from 35 of the biggest U.S. retailers. After analyzing their advertisements and ad scans for this year’s Black Friday, they were able to generate a top-10 list with the average discount offered by every retailer.
Here are the retailers with the best deals for Black Friday last year in 2022:
- Offered smart TVs for as low as $80, with up to $1,000 off on OLED TVs. Additionally, discounts of up to $700 were available on Samsung Neo QLED TVs.
- Click Here for Best Buy Coupon Codes
- They had new TVs starting at $180 and offered up to $1,000 off on their popular Frame TV.
- Click Here for Samsung Coupons and Discounts
- Provided notable savings on brands such as Hisense, LG, and their house brand onn., with many excellent TVs under $200.
- Click here for Walmart Coupons and Discounts
- Offered up to 50% off on kitchen furniture and 60% on living room seating, among other deals.
- Wayfair Coupons and Discounts
- Dropped Black Friday deals hourly, with notable discounts like $50 off certain Beats earbuds.
- Amazon Coupons and Discounts.
- The appliance retailer offered up to 50% off during their Black Friday sales, plus free delivery on most appliances.
- AJ Madison Coupons and Discounts
- Provided hundreds of Black Friday markdowns on kitchenware, including 50% off certain items, and 25% off the entire purchase through Black Friday.
- Bed Bath and Beyond Discounts and Coupons
- Ran early holiday deals through November 17, with savings of 20% or more across various categories.
- Etsy Coupons and Discounts
- Offered up to 50% off site-wide for Black Friday, with particular emphasis on their nonstick baking pans.
- Great Jones Black Friday Sales
- Had Black Friday deals with up to 40% off cookware sets and up to 55% off frying pans.
- Green Pan Black Friday Deals
- Provided up to 60% off across all categories, with exclusive savings on kitchen and cookware brands.
- Nordstrom Discounts and Coupons
These deals represent a broad range of products and categories, from electronics to home furnishings and kitchenware, showcasing the diverse array of discounts available during Black Friday sales.
This overall finding is a good start to start your search, but to know where you can get the best value for your money, here is a brief break-down of the best deals by category:
- Apparel and Accessories: Meijer (63.8%), JCPenney (62.9%), Belk (61.8%)
- Computers & Phones: Lenovo (40%), JCPenny (39.2%), Office Depot and OfficeMax (37.9%)
- Consumer Electronics: Fred Meyer (51.6%), Academy Sports + Outdoors (46.2%), Staples (42.2%)
- Consumer Packaged Goods: JCPenny (58.1%), Stapels (56%), Belk (44%)
- Toys: Stage (55.7%), Belk (53.9%), JCPenny (47.4%)
- Appliances: Stage (59.5%), Belk (56.6%), Fred Meyer (52.5%)
- Furniture: JCPenny (72.3%), Shopko (60.3%), Fred Meyer (52.7%)
- Jewelry: Sears (78.8%), Stage (74.3%), Kohl’s (72.6%)
- Books, Movies & Music: Fred Meyer (43.9%), Amazon (38.4%), BJ’s (17.8%)
- Video Games (Software Only): Best Buy (47%), Walmart (46.2%), Target (45.4%)
How about the cyber world? Does it have deals as good as those? Actually, they might be better than those of Black Friday.
Cyber Monday: The Dot Com Deals
Cyber Monday falls on the online holiday shopping of the year that goes all from November to December. According to an Adobe Analytics study, combined, Americans spend 10,000 years worth of time shopping on Cyber Monday!
No wonder that Cyber Monday alone will sweep up $7.8B in total sales, making it the fastest growing online shopping of the day.
The total revenues for this year’s season are projected to reach $124.1B! (If you’re wondering how much that is, let’s just say that $120B are enough to fly nearly 500K people into space!)
According to Blackfriday.com, this year’s best Cyber Monday deals will include the following retailers:
- Target (15% discount)
- Kohl’s (20% discount)
- ASOS (30% discount)
- Old Navy, Express, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Gap (50% discount)
Cyber Monday is also one of the best times to shop for laptops, PCs, gaming bundles, and experiences. Consumers are increasingly interested in the latter category. Travel revenue including airline, cruise, and hotel sites deals will experience a spike. This step-by-step guide will smoothly walk you through the process.
Here is the catch though, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the most advertised shopping days of the season, but they’re not the only days that matter. You can, in fact, score better deals before or after them. Keep on reading to know more about it.
Debunking The Myth: It’s Not Just About BF and CM
If you thought your online shopping holiday is restricted to Cyber Monday, you’re about to get pleasantly surprised! To score the perfect deal, there are other days to consider.
Can we get a shoutout for Adobe? Their brilliant Adobe Digital Insight’s 2018’s Holiday Predictions report highlights the days when you will most likely rack up the best deals on specific products. Here are their findings:
- Thanksgiving—November 23rd: Sporting goods (save 13%)
- Black Friday—November 24th: Computers (save 16%), tablets (save 33%), TVs (save 22%)
- November 25th: Apparel (save 22%), Appliances (save 18%), Jewelry (save 5%)
- Cyber Monday—November 27th: Toys (save 19%)
- Giving Tuesday—November 28th: Furniture and bedding (save 14%)
What do you think of these Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals? What’s the sweetest deal you scored on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal before? Isthere any item you’d set your eyes on and would like to purchase on these online shopping holidays? Let us know in the comments! Above all, to make sure you’ll finish all your shopping on Cyber Monday and don’t miss a single item, follow our guide in the next article!