Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday? Here Are The Best Deals For Each Day
Mark it in your calendars with a big bold red marker: this year in 2018, Black Friday will be on November 23rd, while Cyber Monday will come on November 26th.
These two days have been the highlights of the holiday shopping season for quite some time now. On Friday, some shoppers don’t hesitate to throw in fists to become the proud owners of a discounted 4K TV or the last Xbox 360 in the store. Those who prefer to shop in the comfort of their pajamas get in a clicking war on Monday, with at least 25 tabs open on their browsers.
But no matter how you look at it, the deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday are pretty darn sweet—provided you know where to look. Whether you’re looking for a reliable refrigerator, a killer espresso machine, or a brand new mattress, these two days can be the answer you’re looking for.
However, one can easily be overwhelmed by all the ads and promotional emails they receive to keep track of all that info. Luckily, the experts have cut our research time in half as they pointed consumers to the best deals they can find on both days—and more.View Our Cyber Week Deals
Let’s unwrap what these unofficial shopping holidays have to offer!
Black Friday: The Brick-And-Mortar Deals
Once Black Friday started back in the 1950s, it gained more exposure and loyal consumers with every passing year.
But how can you know what to buy and when? How can you be sure that the store you’re planning on camping outside of has the best offers for the products you’re targeting?
This challenging task had been tackled by the personal finance website WalletHub, which conducted a survey on7,000 deals from 35 of the biggest U.S. retailers. After analyzing their advertisements and ad scans for this year’s Black Friday, they were able to generate a top-10 list with the average discount offered by every retailer.
Here are the retailers with the best deals for Black Friday:
- Shopko: 45.2% discount
- Fred Meyer: 45.3% discount
- Macy’s: 48.7% discount
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: 49.9% discount
- Payless ShoeSource: 50.3% discount
- New York & Company: 54.5% discount
- Kohl’s: 60.8% discount
- Stage: 62.1% discount
- JCPenny: 65.1% discount
- Belk: 68.9% discount
This overall finding is a good start to start your search, but to know where you can get the best value for your money, here is a brief break-down of the best deals by category:
- Apparel and Accessories: Meijer (63.8%), JCPenney (62.9%), Belk (61.8%)
- Computers & Phones: Lenovo (40%), JCPenny (39.2%), Office Depot and OfficeMax (37.9%)
- Consumer Electronics: Fred Meyer (51.6%), Academy Sports + Outdoors (46.2%), Staples (42.2%)
- Consumer Packaged Goods: JCPenny (58.1%), Stapels (56%), Belk (44%)
- Toys: Stage (55.7%), Belk (53.9%), JCPenny (47.4%)
- Appliances: Stage (59.5%), Belk (56.6%), Fred Meyer (52.5%)
- Furniture: JCPenny (72.3%), Shopko (60.3%), Fred Meyer (52.7%)
- Jewelry: Sears (78.8%), Stage (74.3%), Kohl’s (72.6%)
- Books, Movies & Music: Fred Meyer (43.9%), Amazon (38.4%), BJ’s (17.8%)
- Video Games (Software Only): Best Buy (47%), Walmart (46.2%), Target (45.4%)
How about the cyber world? Does it have deals as good as those? Actually, they might be better than those of Black Friday.
Cyber Monday: The Dot Com Deals
Cyber Monday falls on the online holiday shopping of the year that goes all from November to December. According to an Adobe Analytics study, combined, Americans spend 10,000 years worth of time shopping on Cyber Monday!
No wonder that Cyber Monday alone will sweep up $7.8B in total sales, making it the fastest growing online shopping of the day.
The total revenues for this year’s season are projected to reach $124.1B! (If you’re wondering how much that is, let’s just say that $120B are enough to fly nearly 500K people into space!)
According to Blackfriday.com, this year’s best Cyber Monday deals will include the following retailers:
- Target (15% discount)
- Kohl’s (20% discount)
- ASOS (30% discount)
- Old Navy, Express, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Gap (50% discount)
Cyber Monday is also one of the best times to shop for laptops, PCs, gaming bundles, and experiences. Consumers are increasingly interested in the latter category. Travel revenue including airline, cruise, and hotel sites deals will experience a spike.
Here are the websites with the best deals for Cyber Monday:
- Amazon: Smart homes devices, including Echo devices, Fire TVs, Fire tablets.
- Best Buy: Laptops, tablets, Google Home, MacBooks.
- Walmart: Google Home devices, 4K TVs, laptops, home appliances.
- Target: electronics, home decor.
- Gamestop: PlayStation games, Xbox One games, other gaming accessories.
- Mobile carriers (T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon): smartphones and plans.
- Wyndham Destinations: savings on stays at 19 of its resorts (check November 26th as well).
- Skyscanner: will aggregate Cyber Monday deals from different airlines.
As we can see, Amazon will extend their Black Friday deals through Cyber Monday. Their smart home accessories are the focus of the giant website. You can also find great deals on video game consoles like the PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox, in addition to smartwatches and wearables.
Now that you know which stores’ websites to save in your browser’s favorites, one thing remains: hunting for the perfect deal. This step-by-step guide will smoothly walk you through the process.
Here is the catch though, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the most advertised shopping days of the season, but they’re not the only days that matter. You can, in fact, score better deals before or after them. Keep on reading to know more about it.
Debunking The Myth: It’s Not Just About BF and CM
If you thought your online shopping holiday is restricted to Cyber Monday, you’re about to get pleasantly surprised! To score the perfect deal, there are other days to consider.
Can we get a shoutout for Adobe? Their brilliant Adobe Digital Insight’s 2018’s Holiday Predictions report highlights the days when you will most likely rack up the best deals on specific products. Here are their findings:
- Thanksgiving—November 22nd: Sporting goods (save 13%)
- Black Firday—November 23rd: Computers (save 16%), tablets (save 33%), TVs (save 22%)
- November 25th: Apparel (save 22%), Appliances (save 18%), Jewelry (save 5%)
- Cyber Monday—November 26th: Toys (save 19%)
- Giving Tuesday—November 27th: Furniture and bedding (save 14%)
What do you think of these Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals? What’s the sweetest deal you scored on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal before? Isthere any item you’d set your eyes on and would like to purchase on these online shopping holidays? Let us know in the comments! Above all, to make sure you’ll finish all your shopping on Cyber Monday and don’t miss a single item, follow our guide in the next article!