Looking for weeknight recipes that don’t require a lot of time or prep work? Luckily, even if you’re short on time you can still whip up easy and delicious dinner recipes at home. These yummy recipes all take less than 30 minutes to make and are sure to impress any dinner guests you might have over. Simple, nutritious and with just the right amount of indulgence, you’ll be bookmarking these dinner recipes for future reference.
A lot of the ingredients in these 30-minute dinner recipes can be bought frozen or canned. You might already have a lot of them in your kitchen! You can also substitute the fresh herbs for dried versions to make these dinner recipes even easier.
5.) Bon Appétit’s Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple
Here’s a quick recipe perfect for Taco Tuesdays from Bon Appétit. All you need to put this recipe together is one baking sheet and a broiler. You can use frozen or fresh shrimp, just remember to thaw the frozen shrimp under cold running water for about 15 minutes before cooking. This taco recipe calls for fresh pineapple, but to save extra time you could sub for pre-cut or even canned.
Makes: 8 Tacos Time: 25 mins Level: Easy
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt
- ¼ medium pineapple, peeled, cored, cut lengthwise into spears, then crosswise ½ inch thick (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1¼ pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, very thinly sliced, seeds removed if desired
- ½ cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Place a rack in the highest position in oven; heat broiler. Toss red onion, lime juice, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss pineapple and 1 tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer on half of baking sheet; reserve bowl. Broil pineapple until lightly charred around the edges, 5–8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp, Sriracha and remaining 1 tbsp. oil in reserved bowl until shrimp are evenly coated; season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Remove baking sheet from broiler and use a spatula to turn pineapple pieces over. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on empty half of baking sheet. Broil until shrimp are cooked through on top, about 2 minutes. If your shrimp are opaque and springy to the touch, they’re done. Remove from broiler and turn shrimp (leave pineapple alone). Broil again until shrimp are cooked through, 1–2 minutes. Transfer shrimp and pineapple to a large bowl and season with more salt and pepper.
- Drain soaking liquid from onion into bowl with shrimp and pineapple; set onion aside and toss shrimp and pineapple in pickling liquid.
- Serve shrimp mixture with tortillas, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime wedges and reserved pickled onion for making tacos.
4.) Minimalist Baker’s 30 Minute Vegan Cashew Alfredo
I’m not even vegan and this Alfredo is one of my go-to pasta sauces. Minimalist Baker’s dairy-free alternative to traditional Alfredo sauce uses only seven ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make! You’ll need a food processor to make the creamy cashew sauce and a spiralizer if you’re making zucchini noodles. If you aren’t gluten-free, penne or fettuccine work great with this recipe.
Serves: 6 Time: 30 mins Level: Easy
- 1¼ cups (150 g) raw cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp. (7 g) arrowroot starch (optional)
- 3–4 tbsp. (9-12 g) nutritional yeast
- 2–3 cloves garlic, crushed (~1½ tbsp. or 9g)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1–2 tbsp. (5-10g) vegan parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1–2 cups (240-480mL) unsweetened plain almond or rice milk, plus more as needed
For Serving (optional)
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 20 minutes. Then drain and add to a high-speed blender.
- To blender, also add arrowroot starch (for thickening), nutritional yeast, garlic, sea salt, vegan parmesan cheese and 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened dairy-free milk.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic for kick/zing, nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan cheese for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness or dairy-free milk if too thick.
- Transfer to a rimmed skillet and cook over medium-low to medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking frequently. The sauce should thicken and bubble. Add more dairy-free milk as needed to thin (I typically add up to ½ – 1 cup (120–240ml) more). Then it’s ready to serve!
- Enjoy with zucchini noodles or your favorite pasta. It could even be enjoyed layered in lasagna. Top with additional Vegan Parmesan Cheese and Roasted Tomatoes for more flavor.
3.) Yummy Salmon Burgers with Cabbage Slaw By Pinch of Yum
Here’s a quick dinner recipe that’s packed full of nutrition. These salmon burgers are crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. While fresh salmon will make a juicier burger, canned salmon also works great. High-quality canned salmonis surprisingly delicious. Minimalist Baker recommends this brand which you can buy in bulk on Amazon. You can also substitute the fresh dill for dried dill or try freezing chopped fresh herbs for later use.
Serves: 3-4 Time: 25 Mins Level: Easy
- 12–14 ounces cooked salmon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, like chives, parsley or dill
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- olive oil for pan-frying
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2–3 tbsp. white distilled vinegar (more to taste)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs like chives, parsley or cilantro
- a drizzle of olive oil
- For the Salmon Burgers: Flake the salmon apart. Mix all burger ingredients together and form into three large or four medium patties. Heat olive oil over medium heat, ideally in a nonstick skillet. Fry the burgers for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
- For the Slaw: Mix all slaw ingredients together. Taste and adjust.
- Serve: Serve up those hot salmon burgers on a bed of creamy slaw. I top mine with a dollop of extra yogurt and a swizzle of oil and more herbs. Can’t stop me.
2.) Emeril’s Kicked-Up Tuna Melts Recipe
Looking for an upgraded version of a childhood classic? Here’s a fancier version of a tuna melt that’s easy to make in big batches for a party or to satisfy your own late night munchies. Feel free to substitute the provolone for your favorite cheese. Emeril recommends cheddar or Monterey Jack as alternatives.
Serves: 4 Total Time: 20 Mins Level: Easy
- 4 can solid white tuna packed in water
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 tsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices provolone
- Heat broiler with rack in highest position. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet and spread a little mayonnaise on each slice. Divide tuna salad evenly among slices, then top each with 2 slices tomato and 1 slice cheese. Broil until cheese is golden brown and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes.
1.) Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
This recipe uses pantry items like capers, chicken broth, canned artichokes and angel hair pasta. Angel hair pasta is quick to cook and works perfectly with this recipe but feel free to use any pasta you have on hand. I recommend making extra of the crispy chicken cutlets. They’re perfect to add to salads and sandwiches the next day.
Serves: 4 Time: 25 Mins Level: Easy
- Coarse salt
- ground pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 thin chicken cutlets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water
- 2 tbsp. rinsed and drained capers
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. angel-hair pasta
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Place flour in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining oil as needed, until light golden, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a dish.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers and the chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine and bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter and cover to keep warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with parsley.
Love these quick, easy dinner recipes under 30minutes? Check out the Top 5 Grilled Cheese Recipes for more quick and delicious meal ideas.