Waffles makers have many benefits in the kitchen. They allow you to get a tasty homecooked meal in a matter of minutes, and they’re easy to clean afterward. However, there are more uses for this machine than just the standard waffle. If you think creatively and are willing to experiment with waffle maker recipes, you can prepare tasty treats and family meals in this adaptable device.
If you are new to waffle makers and are thinking about buying one or would like to upgrade to a new model be sure to check out our Waffle Maker Buyer’s Guide. Once you get your new machine, you can start making delicious meals.
Here are 10 creative waffle maker recipes that you probably wouldn’t have thought of and wish you had discovered sooner.
Waffle Maker Breakfast Recipes
These next waffle maker breakfast ideas will change your morning routine for the better.
Fun Fact: Did you know that you can even make bacon in a waffle maker? Well, you can, and there won’t be any greasy splatter to mess up your kitchen.
10.) Omelet Waffle
No need for flour with this delicious omelet waffle maker recipes from Growing Up Gable. Waffle omelets are fluffy and easy to make and serve which is a dream if you have a morning schedule.
- 2 eggs (per omelet)
- Your choice of bell peppers
- Roma tomatoes
- Yellow onion
- Any other vegetables of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Wash the vegetables and dice them into small chunks.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the milk to the eggs. Whisk them together.
- Mix in the vegetables.
- Add the mix to the waffle maker and cook until eggs are firm. Don’t pay attention to the timer because the cooking time for eggs is different than it is for a waffle.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes and top with shredded cheese (optional).
9.) French Toast Waffle
If you are a fan of bread or an avid bread baker whether it’s in a bread maker or oven, you would have tired the joys of French toast. Taste of Lizzy T has created a great recipe where you can enjoy the delight of French toast form of a waffle.
- 1 loaf of Challah bread
- 1 cup milk
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- Butter and syrup for topping
- Preheat the waffle maker and spray it with cooking spray.
- Slice bread into thick slices (they should be about an inch thick).
- Whisk the milk, eggs, cinnamon, and sugar together.
- Dunk each slice of bread into mixture. Make sure each slice is coated on both sides, and allow the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Place the bread into the waffle maker and cook until it’s golden brown.
- Remove and repeat with each slice of bread.
Top Tip: Place the waffles in a freezer bag or sealable container to be frozen and enjoyed at a later date. To reheat, place slices of French toast waffles into a toaster to give them a crispy texture. For a softer texture, reheat the waffles in a countertop microwave.
8.) Hash Brown Waffle
Everyone loves good hash browns in the morning, and now you can make them in your waffle maker follow this recipe from Food Network.
Use this recipe as a base and get creative and add herbs, spices, and onions.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- One 30-ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns (thaw them before cooking)
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat a waffle maker on the medium setting. Use cooking spray on both sides.
- Squeeze out excess moisture from the hash browns and put them in a bowl.
- Pour melted butter in the bowl. Sprinkle the hash browns with the salt and pepper, then stir the mixture.
- Put 1/2 cup of the seasoned hash browns into each waffle section, then top with two tablespoons of the cheddar.
- Top the cheese in each section with another 1/4 cup hash browns.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for 15 minutes on the regular setting.
- Repeat with the remaining hash browns and cheese.
Waffle Maker Savory Recipes
When its lunchtime and you need to whip us a delicious meal that is fast and easy, these recipes will have you covered.
7.) Leftover Stuffing Waffle
There is nearly always some stuffing leftover from Thanksgiving, and the thought of eating another sandwich with extra stuffing may give you nightmares.
This recipe from Best Recipe Box is an excellent solution to the leftover stuffing dilemma and makes a tasty, creative Thanksgiving snack.
- 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- In a bowl, mix the stuffing and egg. This mixture should be thicker than regular batter. If the batter is too thick, use some milk to thin it until it is spreadable.
- Preheat your waffle maker and spray it with cooking spray.
- Spread about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture across the surface of the waffle maker.
- Cook until both sides are crisp (it’ll take about 10-14 minutes).
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Warm the gravy and mix in the maple syrup.
- Serve the waffles warm with the maple gravy poured on top.
6.) Pizza Waffle
Take your pizza game to the next level and make them in your waffle maker with this recipe from Tasty. There’s no need to wait for your pizza to bake in the oven. Make it in a waffle maker, and it will be ready in minutes.
- 14 oz pizza dough (1 tube or homemade pizza dough)
- 4 tbsp. marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices pepperoni or your choice of topping
- Preheat and grease the waffle maker.
- Slice the pizza dough into 8 equal pieces. Press each piece flat with a rolling pin or your hands.
- Place 4 pieces of dough into the waffle maker.
- Spread a tablespoon of marinara, 1/4 cup of mozzarella, and 3 slices of pepperoni on each piece of dough.
- Top these with the 4 remaining pieces of dough and seal.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes (until it’s golden brown).
Top Tip: Make sure that the dough isn’t too big. If it is, it’ll leak out of the sides and won’t cook.
5.) Waffle Maker Quesadillas
That’s right — you can also make quesadillas in a waffle maker, and Tablespoon has the perfect recipe to try.
The waffle maker will conveniently cook both sides of the tortilla, so there’s no need to worry about flipping.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 – to 1-1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- Sour cream
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil and the poblano and jalapeno peppers.
- Cook the poblano and the jalapeno peppers in an oiled pan for a minute or two until they start to soften. Season the peppers with a small amount of salt.
- Heat the waffle maker, and cut tortillas to fit the waffle maker if needed.
- Place a tortilla on the waffle maker. Add a small amount of grated cheese and about half of the pepper mix.
- Sprinkle some taco seasoning and a handful of cheese.
- Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling out and the tortilla is light brown.
- Remove quesadilla and cut it into quarters.
- Garnish with extra salsa, cilantro, and sour cream as desired.
4.) Waffle Maker Ramen
Using your waffle maker to cook ramen will add a completely new texture to the noodles making them crispy with brown spots. This basic ramen waffle recipe from Serious Eats is a starting point from which you can experiment and add your twist and ingredients.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (save some for serving)
- 1 packet instant ramen noodles, cooked and drained
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat waffle maker on medium heat.
- Beat egg with soy sauce, sesame seeds, and a few drops of sesame oil in a medium bowl.
- Add prepared ramen noodles and mix to ensure that all the noodles are covered in the egg mixture.
- Place noodle mixture into the waffle maker.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until parts are golden brown.
- Remove from waffle maker and serve while hot.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions, and soy sauce.
Waffle Maker Sweet Recipes
These next recipes will satisfy the cravings of those with a sweet tooth, and they are super easy to make.
3.) Grilled Cinnamon Apple Waffle
- 2 apples, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Caramel, for serving
- Heat the waffle maker on high.
- Place an apple slice into waffle maker and cook for 2 minutes until soft and golden.
- Repeat with remaining apple slices.
- Sprinkles apples with cinnamon-sugar and serve warm with caramel.
2.) Blueberry Muffin Waffle
Change the way you bake blueberry muffins from here on by using a waffle maker. This recipe from Taste and Tell will allow you to create delicious muffins that you’ll want to eat again and again.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Melted butter (for the waffle maker)
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the egg, milk, and oil. Mix all together to combine.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Brush the waffle maker with melted butter.
- Ladle the batter mix onto the waffle maker. Cook according to the waffle maker directions.
1.) Banana Bread Waffle
Whip up these banana bread waffles by Just So Tasty and impress your friends and family by how fluffy, soft and yummy they are. Eat them for breakfast, dessert or even a little treat.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk, buttermilk, 1% or 2%
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter cooled
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Fold (don’t over mix) the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Grease the waffle maker, and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each waffle section.
- Cook until the edges are golden for about 4-6 minutes
Which is your favorite of these waffle maker recipes? Use your waffle maker at home to experiment and come up with some new and inventive recipe ideas and share them with your friends.
If you are impressed with these waffle maker hacks, read the next article to see 15 surprising ways to use your toaster oven.