Smile Direct Club Invisible Braces Review
Smile Direct Club straightens and brightens most smiles gently, remotely, and in an average of six months. To get started, order an impression kit to create a mold of your teeth at home or book a free SmileShop visit. Within a few weeks, you’ll receive your full treatment plan. Features include:
- Editor’s Top Choice: Smile Direct Club
- Online-only or in-person options
- Flat rate plans
- Monthly payment plans
Smile Direct Club Invisible Braces Review
Are you looking for an affordable way to straighten your teeth? Smile Direct Club can help. This company provides invisible braces for a flat rate and gives you the option of doing it all online or seeing a dentist or orthodontist at one of the companies storefronts. Read our Smile Direct Club review to learn more.
Smile Direct Club Overview
Smile Direct Club prides itself on offering clear aligners for up to 60% less than what you’d pay for traditional braces.
The company operates with a blend of online-only options and physical retail. Want to do it all online? You can. Prefer to consult with a doctor in person? Smile Direct Club gives you that option.
Whichever you prefer, Smile Direct Club will give you everything you need to both straighten and whiten your teeth – all for one flat rate. That’s why Smile Direct Clubs is one of the best invisible braces companies.
Affordable Flat-Rate Braces
Smile Direct Club has been around since 2014 and provides 95% of the doctor-directed at-home clear aligners. The company has helped perfect over 600,000 smiles with its 3D printed clear aligners.
Smile Direct Club differs from other online aligner providers by selling its product at one flat-rate price of less than $2,000. The company is FDA-approved and offers a 30-day Smile Guarantee.
Smile Direct Club has lots of things that set it apart. Here are some of the top advantages:
- 30-day guarantee: This company provides a 30-day guarantee on impression kits.
- Flat rate: You won’t have to make assumptions about the cost. All plans are $1,850.
- Monthly payment plans: If you don’t want to pay in full or don’t have the budget to pay at once, you can choose a monthly plan.
- Online or in-store service: If you want to do everything online, you can. If you would prefer to talk to a technician in a store, you can do that.
- Whitening kit included: Once your smile is as perfect as you want, you can take it a step further with Smile Club Direct’s free whitening product.
As with any company, there are a few drawbacks. Here are some of the disadvantages we’ve found for Smile Direct Club:
- Retainers not included: Some companies include retainers in its package cost, but unfortunately Smile Club Direct does not.
- Wait time: The custom aligners can take 4-5 weeks to ship.
Molds or Scans
If you visit a physical store, the staff will scan your teeth and make a 3D image of them so that they can see what your underlying issues are and how to correct them best.
Prefer to do it from the comfort of your home? Smile Direct Club will send you a molding kit so that you can take impressions at home. When you mail the impressions back, the team will create a 3D smile and run it by a licensed dentist or orthodontist. The physician will create a treatment plan specific to your needs.
The next step is the preview step. Smile Club Direct will send you a preview of what your new smile will look like.
If you approve the preview, the company will manufacture your new aligners. They’ll ship them to you along with a free whitening kit.
Once you have completed your treatment plan and are happy with your new smile, you can purchase recliners to keep your teeth in the right places.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Included in the Impression Kit?
Smile Direct Club will send you a kit with two sets of dental trays and putty. It also includes easy-to-follow instructions on how to makes the best impressions.
The kit also includes a Smile Stretcher to help you take photos of your teeth.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Aligners After Sending Your Impressions Back?
Once you send your impressions back to the company, it will review the impressions and make sure you are a candidate for its aligners. This process will take approximately 7-10 business days.
Once the company approves you, Smile Direct Club estimates another 7-10 business days to make and ship your aligners.
We recommend estimating four weeks from the time you ship your impressions to receiving your set of aligners.
What Comes With the Aligners?
Smile Direct Club recently redesigned its boxes to give you an even better, more comfortable experience. You’ll get:
- Aligner case: To help you protect your aligners, the company will send you a case. Keep your aligners in this case whenever you take them out to drink or eat.
- Aligner tools: This tool will help you remove your aligners if they are too tight at first. You’ll also receive chewies to help you put your aligners in place.
- Bright on™ premium teeth whitening: You’ll receive four whitening pens, which you can use at any point during your treatment.
- Invisible aligners: Your BPA-free aligners will all come at once and are clearly labeled so that you know where to start.
- Lip balm: Smile Direct Club will throw in a tube of its infamous vanilla lip balm to keep your lips feeling soft and smooth.
- Smile Stretcher: A smile stretcher will help you take photos for your 90-day check-in with your doctor.
- “Truths to Grin by”: The company includes a few cards with inspirational quotes like “you’ve got this, grinner.”
What Is the Average Treatment Time?
The average treatment time is six months, but it all depends on your situation.
Can You Eat And Drink With Your Aligners?
You cannot eat with your aligners in your mouth. Don’t drink anything other than water while you’re wearing aligners.
How Long Should You Wear the Aligners?
As much as possible! Ideally, you should wear them for 22 hours a day. If you wear them less, they won’t work as well, and your treatment plan may take longer.
Does Smile Direct Club Provide Services Internationally?
Yes! As long as you live in the US, Canada, or Australia.
Where Are the Company’s Physical Retail Locations?
Smile Direct Club Review Conclusion
Smile Direct Club offers affordably priced (flat-rate) invisible braces and flexible payment plans. The company has been in business for over five years and has treated over half a million customers.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to straighten your teeth and are nervous about trying an online-only company, we highly recommend you check out Smile Club Direct at one of its retail locations or online.
Our only complaint is that we wish the company included retainers in its flat-rate prices. While competitors do, you have to purchase retainers separately from Smile Club Direct at the end of your treatment.
Have you tried this company? If so, leave a Smile Direct Club review below.