SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator Review
Thanks to the SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator, you no longer have to trade a beautiful design for a high-functioning fridge. Features include:
- Bottom freezer
- Lots of fun color options
- Retro aesthetic
SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator Review
While there are many top-rated fridges on the market, you may be more interested in looks and style than you are in all the high-tech features. If you’re interested in a fridge with a unique design, you can’t go wrong with this ’50s style fridge. Read our full SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review to see if this stylish fridge is the best fit for your kitchen.
SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator Overview
SMEG Home Appliances is an Italian company was founded in 1948 by Victorio Bertazonni. It’s now one of Italy’s leading home appliance manufacturers, and they make the best retro refrigerator you can buy. They also make other retro home appliances like dishwashers, ovens, stand mixers, espresso makers, toasters and blenders.
The beautiful retro designs add a unique feel and pop of color to any kitchen. If you’re looking for a statement piece, this is the best refrigerator for you.
Fun Colors and Unique Design
If you’re looking for a refrigerator available in pretty pastel colors or cool retro design, there aren’t a lot of great options out there. Most manufacturers make appliances that come in stainless steel, plain white or boring black. While simple colors are more universally appealing, these basic colors get pretty dull for the design lovers out there. This fridge lets you add some color and style to your kitchen.
You’ll find the SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator on many Pinterest boards and Houzz designs. It’s undeniably stylish and is worth the price tag. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that some fridges have, but it’s a lot more stylish.
This retro refrigerator comes in two different sizes. The mini size can be found for sale at online retailers for around a thousand dollars, and the larger fridge with a bottom freezer retails for between two and three thousand dollars.
Yes, it’s more expensive than some of our other favorite refrigerators, but you’re paying a premium for Italian design and quality.
The larger retro refrigerator has 8.2 cubic feet of space, 3.5 cubic feet of freezer space, two adjustable thermostats, 3 adjustable glass shelves, 2 adjustable covered bins, an ice cube tray and bright interior lighting.
Our SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review has a lot of positives to go over. Here are some of the top pros of this fridge:
- Beautiful design: The retro aesthetic, colors and sleek design make this a show-stopper in any kitchen.
- Bottom freezer: Most people use the fridge more than they use the freezer, so a top fridge helps keep the food you’re reaching for most often at eye level.
- Color options: You aren’t limited in color options with this fridge. You can get a fridge in black, blue, red, white, silver, pink, pastel blue, cream, orange, white, lime green or pastel green. You can also get fridges in Union Jack, the Italian flag or the US flag designs.
SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator reviews also need to go over the things that aren’t as positive. Here are some negative factors to keep in mind:
- Limited high-tech functions: Fridges now come with a lot of fancy technology. Because of the focus on the retro design, this fridge doesn’t have many of those high-tech features like WiFi compatibility or app controls.
- Limited storage: Some SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator reviews mention that they’d like more space. Compared to other best-rated refrigerators, this fridge doesn’t have as much room and doesn’t have a design intended to give you maximum storage.
- No water or ice dispenser: Some people like to get their water and ice straight from the fridge dispenser. Unfortunately, that isn’t an option on this fridge, which means it doesn’t have a water filtration system either.
- Brand: SMEG
- Series: ’50s Retro Design
- Model: FAB32UPBLN
- Type: Freestanding
- Style: Bottom Freezer
- Best for: Apartments
- Door style: One Door
- Counter-Depth: Yes
- Door Finish: Smooth
- Height: 75 17/20 in.
- Width: 23 2/3 in.
- Depth: 26 2/3 in.
- Leveling Legs: Yes
Storage and Shelves
- Refrigerator Capacity: 8.2 cubic feet
- Freezer Capacity: 3.5 cubic feet
- Adjustable Bins: 3
- Adjustable Glass Shelves: 3
- Bin with Transparent Cover: 1
- Double Freezer Drawer: No
- Freezer Compartment with Pull-Down Flap: 1
- Freezer Drawers: 2
- Fruit and Vegetable Crisper: 1
Other Notable Features
- 4-bottle storage shelf (perfect for storing wine)
- Adjustable thermostat
- Bright interior lighting
- Egg holder
- Fast-freezer compartment
- Frost-free freezer
This beautiful retro refrigerator has some great functions and cutting-edge technology. It isn’t just a stunning statement piece for your kitchen. This part of our SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review will go into more details on some of these features.
You’ll also find a fast-freezing compartment in the freezer. Quickly freezing food or chilling that bottle of white wine has never been easier.
If you’ve got the time to wait for your wine to chill, put it on the convenient wine bottle rack found in the middle of your refrigerator instead — or use it to chill those healthy kombuchas and green juices.
SMEG Home Appliances has been on the cutting edge of delivering stylish products with the highest environmental standards. This company is known to be a symbol of taking the green approach to manufacturing.
Aside from maximizing energy efficiency, SMEG also only uses materials that can be recycled. In 2007, SMEG even won the Modena Domotics Competition for sustainable development practices.
The SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator combines function with style by providing efficient refrigerator solutions. This fridge has 11.7 cubic feet of total storage capacity, adjustable shelves, and a pull-down flap compartment.
All these features make it easy to organize your food and keep it fresh.
Warranty and Returns
To help you make the most of our SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review, this section gives the basic information about popular retailers to buy the fridge from, including information on financing and warranties.
Remember to ask the retailer with the warranty that works best for you for a price match. Most retailers will match the best price on the market. Before heading to the best place to buy a refrigerator, read over the five common mistakes to avoid when buying a refrigerator. If you don’t want to purchase a warranty, consider going over our refrigerator repair guide.
This retailer offers a price-match guarantee and no-interest financing places starting at $166 a month. The purchase comes with a free one-year warranty, but three-year and five-year warranty options are available.
- 24/7 telephone customer support
- $200 food spoilage reimbursement
- Fully insured for parts and labor
- In-home repairs
- No deductibles or hidden charges
- Power surge protection
- Repair or replace promise that your fridge will be replaced with a new one if the parts can’t be fixed
- Transferable plan
Amazon offers free shipping and no interest for 12 months on your entire purchase if the fridge is paid in full after those 12 months. You can get a three-year or four-year warranty.
- 24/7 online claims processing
- $250 food spoilage reimbursement
- Coverage is refundable if canceled within 30 days
- Free shipping for repairs
- Mechanical and electronic breakdown coverage
- No deductibles or hidden fees
This retailer offers free shipping, free installation and a free three-year warranty on your purchase. However, they don’t offer financing options.
- 24/7 toll-free customer service
- Free replacements after the fourth repair under the no lemon policy
- Fully transferable to another appliance or person
- No deductible or hidden fees
- Parts and labor costs
- Power surge repairs
- Wear-and-tear repairs
SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator Review Conclusion
After our full SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review, we think this is the best refrigerator you can buy if you’re looking for a fridge that combines style with function. While you won’t get as much storage as a larger top-rated refrigerator, you’ll love the retro look. You’ll also feel great about supporting a company dedicated to the best environmentally sustainable practices.
The classic vintage style comes in a large selection of beautiful colors. It’s the perfect fridge for anyone obsessed with a 1950s aesthetic or anyone who wants a statement piece in the kitchen. It’s hard to go wrong with the SMEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator.
Do you have this fridge? If so, leave your own MEG ’50s Retro Design Refrigerator review below.
Submit your review