DELSEY Paris Aero Checked Luggage Review
Looking for a lightweight, affordable, hardshell, spinner piece of checked luggage? Look no further than Delsey’s Paris collection. Features include:
- Four double-spinning wheels: This bag practically rolls itself!
- Large size of 19.5 x 12.5 x 29 inches even expands an additional two inches
- Polycarbonate material is crack-resistant and durable
DELSEY Paris Aero Checked Luggage Review
When you’re going on a trip, you want the best-quality checked luggage available. It needs to stand up to bumps, inclement weather, and rough handling. You may not need to look any farther than this attractive suitcase option from DELSEY. This top-quality bag will have the durability to accompany you on any adventure. Read our full DELSEY Paris Aero review to learn more.
DELSEY Paris Aero Overview
DELSEY Luggage is known for making affordable yet top-quality bags, and this suitcase is no exception.
The brand has a mix of soft-shell and hard-sided luggage, as well as options for carry-ons and checked bags. Whether you’re looking for a checked bag or a carry-on bag, you’ll love everything about the Aero collection.
Our favorite bag in this collection is the DELSEY Paris Aero 29″ Expandable Spinner. This bag is 100% polycarbonate, which makes this bag incredibly lightweight and durable. It has four double spinner wheels and a comfortably gripped handle, making it easy to maneuver.
If you love this bag, you can also find smaller bags to match.
Our DELSEY Paris Aero review has a lot of positive things to say about this luggage option. Here are some of the most significant advantages of this suitcase:
- Color variety: Bag is available in multiple colors including black, textured blue, cobalt blue, brick red, brushed charcoal, peony pink, plum purple, teal, or titanium. It’s not your basic black, which makes finding your luggage on the turnstile a breeze.
- Comfortable gripped handles: This luggage features comfortable and retractable handles to make it easy to get through the airport.
- Durable material: This bag is 100% polycarbonate, a hard and durable material that can withstand even the roughest of baggage handlers. The polycarbonate is strong enough to reduce the chance of cracks.
- Four double-spinning wheels: This suitcase has four double-spinning wheels. You can roll it with practically no weight or strain on your hands or arms.
- Large size: The bag measures 19.5 x 12.5 x 29 inches. When it expands, it can be two inches larger.
- Multiple compartments: Like to separate your clothes into various compartments? This bag has two lined compartments with numerous pockets, straps, and even a zippered divider.
Although it’s evident in our DELSEY Paris review that we love this suitcase, this bag also has some negatives:
- Limited warranty: While the warranty is ten years (which is a reasonable length of time), it only protects against manufacturer defects, not normal wear and tear.
- More weight: This bag weighs a little less than 12lbs. If you’re on an airplane with low weight restrictions, this suitcase might take up too much of your allotment.
- No compression: If you’re used to soft-sided suitcases and like squeezing into small spaces, you may be disappointed to find that you cannot do this with a hard shell suitcase.
- No outside pockets: Most soft-sided suitcases have exterior pockets where you can throw last minute items. This hard-sided luggage does not.
If you’re looking for a large (but not too big) checked suitcase, the DELSEY Paris Aero is a terrific option. The base size is perfect for most two-week trips, and the two inches it gains when expanded is perfect for bringing home souvenirs.
- Body dimensions (case size or packing area): 29×19.5×12.5 inches
- Total dimensions: 32 x 20.5 x 12.75 inches
- Weight: 11.86 pounds
This luggage has many features that make it a winner for travelers. This section of our DELSEY Paris Aero review will go over some of those features in more detail.
The DELSEY Paris luggage collection is well-known for its comfortable handle system. The handle features a molded, ergonomic grip so your hand won’t get sore.
In addition to a comfortable handle grip, the handle has a recessed one-button locking system that can lock in two positions. If you’re taller or shorter than average, you may find that most luggage handles sizes aren’t one size fits all. The DELSEY Aero’s adjustable handle makes this bag more customized to your needs.
Double Spinner Wheels
This bag is easy to maneuver thanks to four double-spinner wheels.
While two-wheeled bags require more upper body strength and can strain your arm, four-wheeled spinner bags place zero weight on your arm. Additionally, they make maneuvering the suitcase super easy because the wheels provide multi-directional rolling.
The exterior of the luggage is polycarbonate. This material is resistant to cracks and breakage, meaning it can withstand even the roughest of TSA baggage handlers. The fact that it’s lightweight makes it perfect for luggage.
The durable material on this luggage is one of the reasons we speak so highly of this bag in our DELSEY Paris Aero review.
Interior Material and Compartments
The interior of the bag is fully lined. It features two large compartments with multiple pockets so you can separate and organize your luggage the way you want.
It also includes web straps and a zippered divider, which helps to secure clothing and reduce wrinkles.
If you want to ensure your belongings are secure when you travel, you’ll want to lock your bag with a TSA-approved lock. You can buy one, but it’s always better when your luggage comes with one!
If you’re unfamiliar with TSA-locks, they are luggage locks that can be opened by TSA master keys available to all TSA agents. If a TSA agent needs to inspect your bag and you have a non-TSA approved lock, the agent is free to cut the lock, rendering it useless for future travel.
With this suitcase, you won’t have to worry about buying a new lock because your bag already comes with one.
Variety of Colors
Tired of losing your standard black suitcase in a sea of other black bags?
The DELSEY Paris Aero comes in a variety of colors, so this won’t be a problem anymore. Invest in colors like cobalt, titanium, plum, or peony, and you’ll always be able to spot your luggage. Not only will you be able to see your bag from a distance, but unique bags can help prevent theft because it’s easier for you to identify your bag.
The Delsey Paris Helium Aero comes with a limited 10-year warranty which protects against defects in material or craftsmanship.
The warranty does not cover:
- Exposure to extreme natural conditions, liquids, or gases
- Modifications without permission from DELSEY
- Normal wear and tear
- Repairs performed by anyone not authorized by DELSEY
- Third-party handling damage
DELSEY Paris Aero Review Conclusion
After our DELSEY Paris Aero review, we love this bag.
We don’t always love checking luggage because you have to pay extra fees and may not get it back if it gets lost. However, for those times we do need to check a bag (or two), we highly recommend the DELSEY Paris Aero collection. This 29″ bag is big but not too big and has enough compartments to comfortably separate and organize belongings. Thanks to four double-spinner wheels and an adjustable handle with superior comfort grip, this suitcase is easy to maneuver through aeroports and beyond. Plus, if you love this bag, you can get a matching carry-on bag.
The biggest downside to this bag is the warranty not covering wear and tear. However, the luggage is incredibly durable. Should anything happen, you can pay for someone to fix it. In spite of the warranty downside, we cannot recommend the DELSEY Paris Aero enough.
Do you have this suitcase? If so, leave your own DELSEY Paris Aero review below.
Submit your review