Studio by Leesa Mattress Review
Leesa mattress sells two types of mattresses: a foam mattress called the Leesa mattress and a hybrid mattress called the Sapira mattress. Both rate as a five on the firmness scale. Features include:
- Editor’s Choice: Best Mattress for Back Pain
- The high quality you’ve come to expect from Leesa products at an outstanding value.
- 3 foam layers: a top layer of breathable, responsive memory foam, a middle layer of pressure-relieving foam and a core layer for support and durability.
- Breathable, signature cover with a twist: heather-blue with blue stripes.
Studio by Leesa Mattress Review
If you want to buy a quality mattress from a company that gives back and is dedicated to using the best quality materials, consider buying a Studio by Leesa mattress. You can even buy this option in a brick and mortar store if you’re hesitant about buying something online. To find out if this is the best option for you, read our full Leesa mattress review.
Studio by Leesa Mattress Overview
To start our Studio by Leesa mattress review, you should know a little bit about the company.
Leesa mattress began in 2014 and has its headquarters in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Leesa mattress offers the comfort and support you need to be able to sleep better. The company boasts about the unique combination of foam layers to deliver maximum comfort and excellent sleep.
Leesa offers two mattress options: the Leesa mattress and the Sapira mattress.
The Leesa is a foam mattress that adjusts to your body and helps prevent joint pains.
The Sapira is a hybrid mattress combining the original Leesa foam technology with spring coils for added support.
There are positive reviews for both kinds of mattresses.
In addition to its social impact program, Leesa has another crucial differentiation from other online mattress programs: in-store trials.
The company has two brick-and-mortar showrooms, one in New York and one in Virginia Beach. Customers are welcome to come in and try the mattresses.
Leesa also has partnerships with Pottery Barn and West Elm. If you’re uncomfortable buying online or want to see something in person first, Leesa may be an excellent option for you.
The company not only focuses on the quality of its American-made mattresses but also on giving back. Its social impact program donates one mattress for every ten sold.
To date, Leesa has donated over 30,000 mattresses to 1,000 non-profits.
Studio by Leesa Mattress Pros
Leesa is excellent for lots of reasons. Here are some of them:
- Brick and mortar partnership: Leesa partners with West Elm. You can go in and try out a mattress in person in one of West Elm’s 88 stores!
- Charity donations: Leesa will donate one mattress for every ten sold. You can take care of your needs and support a company that gives back at the same time.
- Cooling technology: Both the hybrid and foam mattress sleep cool thanks to the top 1.5″ Avena foam layer. If you get hot at night, a cooling mattress can make a big difference.
- Free shipping: Leesa mattresses ship for free (and return for free) anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
- Generous warranty: Leesa offers a 10-year warranty on its mattresses. Within the first ten years of owning your Leesa mattress, the company will repair or replace your mattress free of charge.
- Lightweight mattress: Mattresses are relatively light and easy to move. If you’re going to move soon, a lightweight bed can make a big difference.
- Motion isolation: Strong motion isolation means that when your partner tosses and turns, you won’t!
- Sleep trial: The 120-night sleep trial means that you can test the mattress for nearly four months before deciding to keep it or try another. Should you choose to go with another option, you can send your Leesa mattress back for free and get a full refund. This feature is helpful if you’ve read a lot of reviews and feel good about it, but you still want to make sure the reviews hold for your own needs.
- Two options: Leesa offers two mattress options: a hybrid and a foam mattress. You can pick whichever you prefer.
- White-glove service: Leesa offers optional white-glove delivery for a nominal fee.
Leesa Mattress Cons
Because Leesa won’t be ideal for everyone, here are some things to consider:
- Firmness level: Like most mattress companies, Leesa only offers one firmness level. While most people are okay with this firmness level, you should look elsewhere if you like firmer or softer beds.
- White-glove delivery cost: While some online mattress companies offer free white-glove delivery, Leesa does not. Additionally, delivery is not available everywhere. We recommend contacting Leesa to find out about your options.
The Studio by Leesa Mattress
The Studio by Leesa mattress is Leesa’s new, more affordable offering and has quickly become the company’s most popular mattress.
It is a ten-inch, three-layer foam mattress that offers uniform pressure relief, body contouring, and minimal motion transfer.
The layers are the following:
- Layer one: This is the comfort level made of two inches of LSA200 foam. It is the cooling layer that hugs your body and prevents you from overheating in your sleep.
- Layer two: This is called the recovery layer. It has two inches of memory foam. The goal is to relieve pressure and further contour to your body.
- Layer three: The third, base layer is the thickest. It is the support layer and is six inches of dense core foam that supports your body and the layers above.
Studio by Leesa Mattress Review Conclusion
After our Studio by Leesa mattress review, we feel that this is an excellent option for many people.
If you are wary of purchasing a mattress online without testing it in person, Leesa is an ideal choice. However, if you want a company that will come and set up in the mattress for you and remove your old one, you’ll need to contact Leesa first to ensure this is a service they provide in your area.
Overall, Leesa mattresses are high-quality and comfortable mattresses. They are similar to other foam and hybrid mattresses on our list in terms of comfort and quality and have similar warranties and sleep trials as well. In addition to its West Elm partnership, Leesa differentiates itself with its charitable partnerships.
Thus, if you are looking for an American-made, feel-good mattress company that offers high-quality mattresses backed by strong warranties, we highly recommend Leesa.
Find out more on the Studio by Leesa website or leave your own Leesa mattress review below.
Submit your review
Having slept on an old mattress for years, I was excited to find one that was supportive without being too firm. I also love that the platform bed has a USB plug on both sides.
The white glove delivery process, however, was unacceptable. The delivery men didn't know how to assemble the platform, which then turned out to be defective. When I asked Leesa to help me reschedule the white-glove delivery of a new platform, they redelivered the same broken product - without notifying me - to my apartment without delivery men. It sat for nearly a week in my apartment lobby while I was out of town on a work trip.
Not only did I then have to carry the platform up five flights of stairs and assemble it after paying for white glove service, Leesa gave me the run-around at every phase of the process.