Leesa Mattress Review
Leesa mattress sells two types of mattresses: a foam mattress called the Leesa mattress and a hybrid mattress called the Sapira mattress. Both rate as a five on the firmness scale. The company also offers:
- 10-year warranty
- 100-night sleep trial
- Free shipping and returns
Leesa Mattress Review
Headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, Leesa mattress was founded in 2014 and is an online boxed mattress retailer. The company not only focuses on the quality of its American-made mattresses but also on giving back. Its social impact program donates one mattress for every ten sold. To date, Leesa has donated over 30,000 mattresses to 1,000 non-profits and counting.
Leesa mattress offers “the comfort, support and universal feel everybody needs to sleep better.” It provides what it calls a “unique combination of performance foam layers” to “deliver cooling bounce, contouring pressure relief and core support for amazing sleep.”
Leesa offers two mattress options, the Leesa mattress and the Sapira mattress. The Leesa is a foam mattress that adjusts to your body and helps prevent joint pains; the Sapira is a hybrid mattress combining the original Leesa foam technology with spring coils for added support.
In addition to its social impact program, Leesa has one other key differentiation from other online mattress programs: in-store trials. The company has two brick-and-mortar showrooms, one in New York and one in Virginia Beach, where customers are welcome to come in and try the mattresses. It also has partnerships with Pottery Barn and West Elm, where people are also invited in store to test out the mattresses.
- Strong conforming and motion isolation
- Sleeps cooler than most foam mattresses
- Relatively light and easy to move
- Free shipping and returns anywhere in the U.S. and Canada
- 120-night sleep trial
- One donated for every ten sold
- 10-year warranty
- White glove delivery available
- Partnership with West Elm means you can try out the Leesa mattress in one of West Elm’s 88 stores
- Only offers one firmness level
The Leesa Mattress
The Leesa mattress is Leesa’s new, more affordable offering and has quickly become the company’s most popular mattress. It is a ten-inch, three-layer foam mattress that offers uniform pressure relief, body contouring and minimal motion transfer.
- Layer One: This is the comfort level, comprised of two inches of LSA200 foam. It is the cooling layer that hugs your body and prevents you from becoming overheated in your sleep.
- Layer Two: This is called the recovery layer. It is comprised of two inches of memory foam. The goal is to relieve pressure and further contour to your body.
- Layer Three: The third, base layer is the thickest. It is the support layer and is six inches of dense core foam that supports your body and the layers above.
The Sapira Mattress
The Sapira mattress is Leesa mattress’s hybrid option. More expensive than the Leesa mattress, it differs from the Leesa not only in its construction but in its height. While the Leesa mattress is three layers and ten inches high, the Sapira mattress is five layers and eleven inches high. Leesa says that this mattress provides focused pressure relief, active body contouring, enhanced edge support, and a core of 1,000 individually wrapped pocket springs.
- Layer One: This is the comfort level, comprised of 1.5 inches of Cooling Avena foam. It is the layer that hugs your body and keeps you cool while you sleep.
- Layer Two: This is called the recovery layer. It is comprised of 1.5 inches of memory foam. The goal is to relieve pressure and further contour to your body.
- Layer Three: The third layer is a one-inch core support base. It is one of the support layers.
- Layer Four: Layer four is where the coils come in and what makes this a hybrid mattress. This layer is comprised of six inches of quantum core pocket coil system (these are the 1,000 individually wrapped pocket springs).
- Layer Five: This last layer is the base, and it is a one-inch core support foam base.
Leesa mattresses offer one level of support, which is described as “medium firm,” and rates a five on the firmness scale. The Leesa is 10 inches high and the Sapira mattress is 11 inches high. Both come in six sizes, and measure per the below:
Leesa’s smallest mattress, the twin, measures 38 in. x 75 in. x 10 in. and is 75 lbs.
Twin XL Mattress
Leesa’s twin XL is slightly longer than the classic twin and measures 38 in. x 80 in. x 11 in. and is 80 lbs.
Leesa’s full mattress measures 53 in. x 75 in. x 10 in. or 11 in. and is 96 lbs.
Leesa’s queen measures 60 in. x 80 in. x 10 in. or 11 in. and is 115 lbs.
Leesa’s king mattress measures 76 in. x 80 in. x 10 in. or 11 in. and is 142 lbs.
California King Mattress
The largest of Leesa’s mattresses is the California king, which measures 72 in. x 84 in. x 10 in. or 11 in. and is 142 lbs.
Delivery and Setup
Leesa beds are manufactured to order, and delivery times vary based on your location and the mattress you select. Once an order is placed, the company estimates 1-5 business days to build and compress a Sapira mattress and 2-3 business days to build and compress a Leesa mattress. Once the mattress is built, it will be boxed and shipped via UPS. It estimates 1-3 days for UPS transit time depending on where you are located. Once the mattress ships, Leesa will send you tracking information.
To set up your mattress, Leesa recommends you do so in four steps:
- Unbox your mattress on its side, next to the floor.
- Position the rolled up mattress on a solid foundation and remove the outer layer of plastic wrap. The mattress will begin to expand.
- Unwrap the mattress and remove the inner plastic, starting at the top.
- The mattress will expand and take shape. Note it may take an hour for the mattress to fully expand and a few days before it is fully firm. You may notice a slight odor once you unwrap it, but this will go away.
Don’t want to unbox it yourself? Leesa offers white glove service.
If you’d prefer to use a financing option rather than put the full charge on your credit card, Leesa has partnered with financing company Affirm. Affirm allows you to spread your payment out over months (or even years) with low APR offers between 0-30%. Rates start as low as $29.17 a month based on a purchase price of $525.00 at 0% APR for 18 months.
Mattresses are a big investment, so it’s nice to have the option to pay it off in installments.
Policies and Warranties
Leesa offers a 10-year full replacement limited warranty. This means that for 10 years, Leesa will replace or repair your mattress when it has a defect covered under the warranty. According to Leesa, this “includes all parts of the mattress determined to have a defect, and there’s no deductible.” To read more about what is and is not covered under this warranty, read more.
100-Night Home Trial
Leesa knows that mattresses are a big investment, and they want you to be happy. While you’ll get an idea of the mattress by reading about it and perhaps even trying it in a West Elm store, you’ll never really know if you like it until you try it overnight. Thus, Leesa has a generous return policy. You have 100 days from the date of your delivery to sleep on your mattress before making your decision.
Submit your review