Candid Invisible Braces Review
Candid is an online retailer of invisible braces that seeks to perfect your smile in approximately six months. Its orthodontists have an average 20+ years of professional experience. Features include:
- Editor’s Pick: Best Orthodontist
- Book a FREE appointment & visit one of their Candid Studios
- Licensed orthodontists in your state review your case
- Only work with orthodontists, not general dentists
- Your doctor will watch the way your teeth move during treatment
- Track your progress through treatment with scans you take from your phone
Candid Invisible Braces Review
Are you insecure about your teeth? If so, there’s never been a better time to fix them thanks to the affordability and ease of invisible braces and aligners. We reviewed the best invisible braces companies on the market and looked at factors like cost, ease of use, and customer satisfaction. Read our review of Candid to find out why this company is one of our top choices.
Candid is an online retailer of invisible braces that seeks to perfect your smile in about six months.
It differs from some online aligner companies in that it has several retail locations throughout the U.S. (know as Candid Studios) for those who want help with their impressions. Those who don’t can simply order an impression kit, take impressions at home, and send them back to Candid.
While Candid is slightly pricier than some of the other online aligner companies we reviewed, it’s still up to 65% less than traditional braces.
Plus, the company offers financing options through Affirm. If you can’t pay in full upfront, Affirm can help you get your braces.
Candid is one of our favorite companies for invisible braces. Here are some of the things we love about it:
- Fast service: Candid seeks to straighten your teeth in six months or less.
- Financing options: Can’t afford to pay in full up front? Candid partners with financing company Affirm. With Affirm’s help, you can make monthly payments instead of paying everything before your treatment.
- Flat-rate plans: All plans are $99/month ($2400 Total).
- Top-rated orthodontists: While some companies work with dentists, Candid works with orthodontists. The team of orthodontists averages 20+ years of experience.
Unfortunately, Candid might not be for everyone. Here are some drawbacks to consider:
- Higher price: Candid is slightly pricier than other invisible braces companies we reviewed.
Candid Co Studios
Prefer to talk to someone in person before starting your teeth straightening process?
Candid Studios give you this option. They are available throughout major cities in the U.S. (and some smaller ones, too). See Candid Studio locations.
When you begin the Candid process, Candid will assign you an orthodontist to oversee your treatment.
The company will also assign you a customer care rep who will communicate with you throughout your treatment. This person will check in with you to provide updates, tips, and reminders. They will also be available should you have any questions throughout your treatment.
“Only expert care allowed” is what Candid proclaims on its website.
Candid’s key differentiator is its orthodontists. Many invisible aligner providers work with dentists of varying expertise. Candid only works with experienced orthodontists.
The average orthodontist at Candid has 20+ years of experience. The company does not work with general dentists or dental professionals.
Free Retainers and Whitening Treatment
In addition to aligners, retainers and whitening treatment are included in the cost of treatment. Some companies make you pay extra for these. Candid does not.
Candid knows traditional braces are expensive which is why they created a more affordable option. Candid’s invisible aligners cost up to 65% less than traditional braces!
The company will also work with you to provide additional savings through the following:
- Financing: Candid has partnered with Affirm, which will help you finance the full cost of your aligners. You can pay as little as $88 a month!
- Flexible spending accounts: Candid recommends checking to see if your insurance has an FSA or HSA option that can be used towards your aligners.
- Insurance: Most of Candid’s customers who request reimbursement through insurances are successful and are able to get up to 50% coverage.
Many people who get invisible braces have questions before they start. Here are answers to the most common questions.
What Comes in the Starter Kit?
If you choose to take your own impressions as opposed to visiting a Candid Studio, you’ll need to order a starter kit.
The starter kit comes with the following:
- A cheek stretcher to use when you take intraoral photos
- Putty and trays (three for the top and two for the bottom) to make you your impressions
- A “poker tool” which will help guide your teeth into the putty
- A prepaid return box for sending your completed impressions back to Candid
How Long Do I Have to Wait for My Aligners to Arrive?
Once you send in your impressions, the average wait time for your aligners to arrive is two months.
Can I Eat and Drink With My Aligners In?
Most companies recommend removing your aligners before eating or drinking anything besides water. Candid says it’s okay to keep them in, but wash them afterward to avoid stains.
When Will My Teeth Be Straight?
Candid typically takes around six months to work, but treatment can take longer depending on the severity of your case.
Candid Review Conclusion
If you’re looking for an affordable way to straighten your teeth and want to be under the care of an experienced orthodontist rather than a dentist or dental professional, Candid is our top choice of invisible braces for you.
The company’s affordable treatment plans include retainers and teeth whitening treatment and tremendous customer support, making them a top choice for many people.
Did you get invisible braces from this company? If so, leave a Candid review below.