Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is the best semi-automatic model you can buy. With semi-automatic and automatic controls you can control the grind size and pull time to get the perfect shots. You also get:
- Highest quality materials
- Thermo-coiling heater system
- Automatic steam wand with 360-degree rotational capabilities
- Removable tampers and filters
- A built-in grinder
If you want the best semi-automatic espresso machine, the Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is the best you can buy. Not sure what the difference between a semi-automatic espresso machine and a regular espresso machine is? Let me explain.
What you think of as a “regular espresso machine” is probably a manual model or automatic machine. A semi-automatic espresso machine is another step up. It’s not the most high-tech espresso machine. That title goes to the super-automatic espresso machines. But it’s the model coffee aficionados swear by. Why?
These convenient machines let you control the grind size and the espresso shot pull time. Like automatic espresso machines, you also have to grind and tamp your own coffee beans. All these factors give you the most control over the quality and taste of the espresso you pull. No brand makes semi-automatic espresso machines better than Breville.
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is the best of the best. It’s a semi-automatic espresso machine with automatic capabilities so you get the best of both worlds. It comes with a pretty hefty price tag, but it’s a purchase you won’t regret. If you spend $5 a day on coffee, it pays for itself in a year.
Made with high-quality stainless steel, the parts of this machine should last a lifetime if you clean them the right way. It also comes with a built-in grinder, dual wall filters, and 360-degree steam wands. With the Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine, you have everything you need to make all of your favorite espresso drinks.
- Semi-automatic and automatic capabilities
- High-quality materials
- Expert control over grind and pull
- Thermo-coiling heater system
- Removable water tank with handle
- Adjustable temperature and grind size settings
- Removable tampers and filters
- Hidden storage compartment for cleaning tools
- High price tag for a home espresso machine
- Needs to be cleaned often
- No super-automatic functions that allow you to make lattes and cappuccinos with just a button
Product Dimensions: 13.2 in. x 12.5 in. x 15.8 in.
Product Weight: 26.7 lbs
Product Model Number: BES870XL
Product Type: Semi-automatic espresso machine
Form Factor: Freestanding
Replaceable Filter: Yes
Coffee Type Compatibility: Ground coffee, coffee beans
Beverage Type: Espresso shot, latte, cappuccino, ristretto, macchiato, americano
Brewing Method: Espresso
Warming Plate: Yes
Pressure: 15 bar
Coffee Bean Container Capacity: 8.8 oz
Variable Coffee Strength: Yes
Color: Stainless steel
Max Power Consumption: 1600 watts
Voltage: 110-120 V
Control Type: Electronic
Other Notable Features:
- Adjustable grinding degree
- Cup warmer
- Built-in doser
- Built-in grinder
- Removable water tank
- Removable drip tray
- Water filter
- Hot water spout
- Built-in coffee tamper
- Standby mode
- Cleaning warming indicator
- Single cup function
- 360-degree rotatable steam wand
- Digital temperature control
- Manual options
- Low pressure preinfusion for best tasting espresso
- 15 bar Italian-made pressure pump
- Comes with stainless steel milk frothing pitcher and cleaning kit
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine comes with everything you need to pull the perfect shots and make the best espresso drinks. It features a built-in grinder so you can adjust your grind size to your preference. Does the perfect amount of coffee grounds into your portafilter when you’re done grinding with just the touch of a button.
Even though it looks complex, this machine is actually great for beginners. It comes with two built-in wall filters that add extra pressure to make up the difference if you grind the beans too coarsely or don’t tamp firmly enough. You’ll find the pressure gauge front and center of the control settings so you can always make sure the internal pump is operating at the best pressure.
Power, filter size and program settings are also on the control panel. Here you can control how much you want to grind, and then it automatically grinds the beans for you and dispenses directly into the portafilter. All you have to do next is tamp, swivel the portafilter back into the group head and press the button for either a single or double espresso shot.
At almost 27 pounds, it’s a pretty heavy home espresso machine, but you’re brewing coffee shop-quality espresso here. The automatic steam wand turns milk into silky smooth micro foam, perfect for topping your favorite drinks. When you’re ready to clean your espresso machine, just pull out the handy cleaning kit that comes with it.
Warranty and Returns
The Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine comes with a free one-year manufacturer’s warranty, valid from the day of purchase. Breville will arrange to have your broken espresso machine shipped back to them and deliver a working identical machine in its place free of charge. If you want more coverage after the first year, consider a longer warranty from one of these retailers.
- Covers failure due to power surge and other mechanical/electrical breakdowns
- Shipping included on all repairs
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- 24/7 claims processing online
- If it can’t be fixed, you’ll get an Amazon e-card reimbursement for the total cost of purchase.
3-year standard warranty or a 4-year small appliance protection plan
- Fast repairs and replacements
- 24/7 customer support
- Fully refundable within 30 days
- If it can’t be repaired, you’ll get a new machine or a full reimbursement.
3-year and 4-year warranty plans
- Product replacement if it stops working
- Includes replacement repair due to normal wear and tear, defects due to materials and defects due to dust, internal heat and humidity failures
- Power surge repairs
- Convenient claims support
- Transferable to another person or home appliances
2-year protection plan
Submit your review