August Doorbell Cam Pro Review
The August Doorbell Cam Pro is a highly innovative video doorbell camera with several smart home features. Top features include:
- 24 hours of free video storage
- Compatibility with smart home systems like Amazon Alexa
- Seamless integration with the August Smart Lock
August Doorbell Cam Pro Review
August Doorbell Cam Pro is an innovative, user-friendly video doorbell camera that makes your life easier by putting all of your smart home features into one. If you want a doorbell that gives you all the essential tools, this may be a good option for you. Read our August Doorbell Cam Pro review to learn more.
August Doorbell Cam Pro Overview
This doorbell makes it seem like you’re always at home even when you’re not.
The August Video Doorbell Pro works the same way as other video doorbells. It uses a high-quality lens and WiFi connection to send clear video footage to your phone whenever a sensor goes off or the doorbell rings. As soon as your doorbell rings, the live footage of the visitor is projected directly on your app’s screen.
Do you want to say something to the visitor? You’re able to have a full conversation with your guest even if you aren’t at home. What if it’s someone who needs to be let in, but you’re still at work?. The August Doorbell is one of the few video doorbells that lets you unlock the door directly from the same application with the August Smart Lock.
Overall, the August Doorbell is user-friendly and offers many helpful features. Our full August Doorbell Cam Pro review has all the information you need to make a decision.
The advantages of this doorbell set it apart from the crowd. Our August Doorbell Cam Pro review will go over the most significant benefits:
- August Smart lock compatible: Door locks and doorbells are intertwined, so the ability to combine them in one easy app makes life more convenient. August lets you do that.
- Free 24 hour video storage: If you only want to see footage from the past day, you can take advantage of the free 24-hour option and not need to opt into a paid storage plan.
- User-friendly app: The app is easy to use, even for people who aren’t as familiar with smartphones and apps.
In spite of the many advantages this doorbell has to offer, it has drawbacks too. Here are some to keep in mind as you read through August Video Doorbell Pro reviews:
- Backup battery only temporary: The backup battery is for emergencies. The doorbell won’t last for long as the only power source.
- Floodlight night vision camera: The night vision floodlight isn’t as discreet as an infrared night camera that most other video doorbell brands have. Nonetheless, this bright light could deter intruders.
- Low camera quality: This doorbell doesn’t have the same level of camera quality as other options on our list of best video doorbells, and it’s not HD quality.
- Requires existing wiring: This doorbell needs to be wired in, so installation can be tricky if you don’t already have the wiring in your home.
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery (included with purchase)
- Dimensions: 0.9 x 2.9 x 2.9 inches
- Item weight: 1.02 pounds
- Video resolution: 480 x 640
- Voltage: 3.7 volts
Items in the Box
- August Doorbell Cam Pro
- Mounting hardware (electrical sealing putty,2 mounting screws, 4 screw anchors, 1 mounting wedge, and 2 screws for mounting wedge)
- USB Charging Dock
Like many other video doorbells, the August Doorbell Cam Pro allows you to answer your doorbell no matter where you are, but that’s not the only feature that sets this doorbell apart from the rest. This section of our August Doorbell Cam Pro review will go over some of those features in more depth.
Adjustable Motion Sensitivity
The motion sensors in the video doorbell allow you to customize the radius. This feature helps you ignore useless alerts sent to your phone.
You can also get a good look at the surrounding area of the front door with the motion sensitivity monitors.
Free 24-Hour Video Recording
One of the other shining features that August provides is the free 24-hour video storage that comes with the device.
Instead of paying to save footage, you can have access to the footage of your doorbell for up to 24 hours. This free storage makes it easy to check on something, make sure a package has arrived, and check on any activity that may go on near your front door.
After 24 hours this footage disappears, so you’ll need to opt for one of the monthly storage plans if you want more access to your doorbell’s recordings.
The Hindsight feature allows you to get a clear picture of what was happening before and after your motion sensors are triggered. Instead of just taking a photo or sending an alert, you can see the moments immediately before the detector went off.
August Doorbell Cam Pro claims to be an easy, DIY installation, provided that you have existing wiring already.
The video doorbell is indeed hard-wired, so you need to follow the instructions carefully while mounting it. The product comes with a backplate that helps you to position the camera so that you can get a good view of your guests.
Smart Lock Pro
If you want to add to your smart home abilities, August is a good choice.
The August Doorbell is one of the only smart doorbells to allow seamless integration with a smart lock. Instead of just talking to your guests, you can also remotely unlock the door for them.
This is one of the most attractive features that August has because most video doorbells do not allow you to do this so directly. In most cases, you must switch to another app.
All of August’s products come with a 1-year warranty that guarantees replacement in the case of any technical issues and defects.
If you have questions about your August Video Doorbell, you can also reach out to the customer service hotline.
August Doorbell Cam Pro Review Conclusion
After our August Doorbell Cam Pro review, we think this is a great choice overall if you’re in the market for a video doorbell.
This doorbell offers the standard live footage and the ability to talk to visitors and unlock the door for them. If you already have other August products or even other smart home products, the August doorbell helps you maximize your home devices.
The major downsides to this doorbell are the video quality. With its 480 x 640 resolution, it is far behind other competitor brands. However, it does do the job its meant to do: give you the sense of security knowing that you can answer your door from anywhere. If the video quality isn’t a significant setback and you’re keen on smart home usability, we recommend the August Doorbell.
Do you have this doorbell? If so, leave your own August Doorbell Cam Pro review below.
Submit your review