Allianz Travel Insurance Review
Allianz is a large travel insurance with a wide range of travel insurance policies for every type of traveler.
- Family-friendly plans that offer free coverage for kids under 17
- Offers both bare-bones coverage and up to $1,000,000 in medical emergency coverage
- Make your travel claim from your mobile device.
Allianz Travel Insurance Review
Summary of Product
Allianz Global Assistance is a large insurance provider that has offered assistance of various kinds for almost 60 years to their customers. Allianz’s main service is travel insurance, but they also provide services in corporate assistance and concierge services. Allianz boasts being a world leader in the travel insurance industry.
Allianz Global Assistance is an affiliate of Allianz SE, one of the world’s largest insurance parent companies. Because of the huge name attached to them, they have a big reputation and track record that attracts customers to use their services. Allianz boasts helping over 35 million customers out of difficult situations in the past.
Allianz Travel offers several types of travel insurance packages to their customers, ranging from bare-bones coverage to plans with up to $1,000,000 of emergency coverage. Allianz has enough plans to customize, which makes it easy to choose which one fits best for you and your family.
- Preexisting medical coverage is available for all of Allianz’s plans.
- Free coverage for any child flying with their parents or grandparents, up to 17 years old
- Allianz has an extensive list of covered reasons for trip cancellation that is constantly updated.
- You can file your claim from your mobile device.
- Travel insurance cannot be extended or purchased while on the trip.
What types of plans does Allianz offer?
Allianz is a large company with a vast number of plans that are customizable to fit your needs. They offer both single trip coverage, which is usually the most common, and annual plans for frequent travelers. Within those two categories, there are several types of coverage to choose from.
OneTrip Cancellation Plus Plan
The cancellation plus plan is what you would call your bare-bones coverage plan that covers the three most important instances you need. This plan is for domestic travel only. If you have to cancel, interrupt or delay your trip for any of Allianz’s covered reasons, you can get the cost of your trip reimbursed.
- Trip cancellation: Allianz will cover the costs of your prepaid and nonrefundable purchases towards the trip.
- Trip interruption: Allianz will reimburse you for your unused and nonrefundable purchases for the remainder of the trip, including transportation to get back home.
- Trip delay: Allows you a maximum of $150 a day for a trip delay for any covered reason.
OneTrip Basic Plan
The basic plan covers both international and domestic trips for all of the same reasons as the cancellation plus plan, but with a few added benefits.
- Trip cancellation and delay for any covered reason are reimbursed.
- Trip delay is covered up to $300 a day.
- Emergency medical and transportation: In the event of a medical emergency, Allianz will cover up to $10,000 in medical emergency expenses and $50,000 in emergency transportation costs.
- Baggage loss and damage is covered up to $500.
- Baggage delay: In the case of baggage delay, Allianz covers up to $200 of emergency purchases made at the time waiting for baggage. You must present receipts for purchases made.
OneTrip Prime Plan
This is Allianz’s most popular plan chosen by their customers due to its special benefits that really take care of the traveler should things go downhill. It is especially popular with families because of their free coverage for children under 17.
- Emergency medical: $500,000
- Emergency transportation: $25,000
- Trip cancellation and interruption: Up to 150% (cancellation) and 100% (interruption) of trips reimbursed
- Travel delay: $200 per day per person for any trip delays. You can opt to receive $100 per day for the inconvenience with no proof of purchases required.
- Baggage loss/damage: $1,000
- Baggage delay: $300
- Change fee coverage: Provides reimbursement for fees to change flight for a covered reason.
- Loyalty program miles redeposit fee: You can get reimbursed for the frequent flyer mile deposit change fees in the event of a trip cancellation.
OneTrip Premier Plan
The premier plan takes everything in the prime plan and nearly doubles the amount of money for each thing covered. The premier plan is ideal for those who want to travel with their families with no fear of losing money should something go wrong.
The OneTrip Premier Plan covers up to $1,000,000 in emergency medical coverage.
OneTrip Emergency Medical Plan
The emergency medical plan is a flexible, low-cost option for travelers who only want post-departure coverage. That means no trip cancellation or delay coverage, but instead coverage in the case of an emergency during your trip.
- Emergency transportation: Up to $250,000
- Emergency medical: $50,000
- Baggage loss/damage: $2,000
- Baggage delay: Up to $750
Allianz has very high rating across most review sites, including a high rating on TrustPilot.com. Not only does their track record make them reliable, but so does the vast number of benefits offered in their trip packages. With Allianz, whether you want the economic packages or the no-loose-ends packages, you can travel with a peace of mind. Should anything arise, you can easily refer back to your policy, and with proper documentation, you can file your claim.
You also can’t beat the free children policy at Allianz. If you’re traveling with a family, the Premier and Prime Plans are particularly perfect because you don’t have to worry about shelling out tons of money to cover your children. We highly encourage Allianz as an insurance service provider due to their flexible plans and special attention to the customer’s needs.
Submit your review