Looking for easy meals that you can just throw in the oven? We have you covered with some of the tastiest oven recipes around. An easy oven recipe can make life so much easier when you’re cooking at home for your family or friends.
They’re warm, comforting, and super easy to whip up. Instead of wondering what’s for dinner or ordering delivery try an easy oven recipe instead. Broil, bake, and roast you way to a terrific meal with celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. Here are five oven recipes you need to try ASAP.
1.) Feel Good Oven Recipe: Ultimate Baked Mac n Cheese
This easy bake mac n cheese is truly the ultimate. With four different kinds of cheeses and less than 500 calories a serving, Jamie Oliver has somehow managed to make one of my favorite comfort foods slightly dare I say “healthy”. While this oven recipe doesn’t qualify as health food it’s definitely a better way to indulge in one america’s favorite foods. Make sure to crisp the top long enough! Those crunchy cheesy bites are the best part.
Serves: 6 Time: 35 Mins Level: Super Easy
Calories per serving: 489
- 500 g good-quality macaroni
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 small bunch fresh marjoram or oregano , leaves picked
- 75 g Parmesan cheese , freshly grated, plus a little extra for grating
- 75 g fontina or Taleggio cheese , roughly torn
- 75 g mascarpone cheese
- ¼ nutmeg
- 1 small ball buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Preheat youroven to 400ºF.
- Cook the macaroni in a pan of salted boiling water 2 minutes short of the timing on the packet instructions, then drain in a colander and reserve a little of the cooking water.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, add the marjoram or oregano and fry for a minute until it starts to crisp up, then turn off the heat.
- Add your cooked pasta to the marjoram or oregano butter, along with a couple of spoonfuls of the reserved cooking water and the Parmesan, fontina or Taleggio and mascarpone.
- Return to a medium heat and toss and stir around until most of the cheese has melted and you have a lovely gooey sauce – you may need to add a little more of the reserved cooking water.
- Season to taste, then tip it all into an earthenware dish.
- Grate over the nutmeg, tear over the mozzarella and sprinkle over the extra Parmesan.
- Bakethe macaroni cheese in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, finishing up with a quick whack under the grill, until golden brown and crispy on top.