The countdown to Christmas is here! It’s time to decorate, bake and buy presents for your loved ones. Relax, sit back and take our fun Christmas quiz. We have put together some great Christmas trivia for you.
1. “Twas the Night Before Christmas” was originally called what?
2. When Ross can’t find a Santa outfit in time for Christmas in Friends, what does he dress up as?
3. In the movie Elf, what is Will Ferrell’s character’s name?
4. What is the date of Christmas Day?
5. In The Twelve Days of Christmas Christmas carol, how many gifts were given?
The twelve days of Christmas include: A partridge in a pear tree, Two turtle doves, Three french hens, Four calling birds, Five gold rings, Six geese a-laying, Seven swans a-swimming, Eight maids a-milking, Nine ladies dancing, Ten lords a-leaping, Eleven pipers piping, and Twelve drummers drumming.
6. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
7. What made Frosty come to life in the song, Frosty the Snowman?
8. In the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, what is the name of the main villain?
9. What is the best-selling Christmas song ever?
Released in 1942, the version sung by Bing Crosby sold over 50 million copies. Total for all versions went over 100 million sales.
10. What has a long shelf life and is a favorite Christmas food?
11. Who is Santa’s spy in your house?
In 2005, the children’s book written by Carol Aebersold and her daughter Chanda Bell became a family tradition. The Elf on the Shelf helps keep tabs on the children’s behavior before Christmas. If they don’t behave, they report to Santa.
12. What department store did, “Miracle on 34th Street,” take place at?
13. Frosty the Snowman had a nose made out of what?
14. The Peanuts gang sing what carol at the end of “A Charlie Brown Christmas?”
15. Which is the most popular ornament used to place at the top of the Christmas tree?
16. What was the first company that used Santa Claus in advertising?
17. What is Scrooge’s first name?
18. What was Rudolph not allowed to do?
19. Who wrote, A Christmas Carol?
20. Who helps Santa Claus make his gifts?
21. What color Christmas will Elvis be having?
22. The gingerbread house was inspired by what famous fairy tale?
Hansel and Gretel are siblings that are lost in the forest. The come across a witch’s house that is made of gingerbread and candy. This is where the gingerbread house came from. Although, the story of Hansel and Gretel gets a little dark when they end up killing her to save themselves.
23. What happened every time a bell rang in the movie, It’s a Wonderful Life?
24. What color are the berries on misteltoe?
25. What holiday movie sequel includes a cameo by Donald Trump?
26. What words follow “Silent Night” in the song?
27. How does Santa Claus go back up the chimney when he is done delivering your presents?
28. What are you supposed to do with someone under the mistletoe?
Kissing under the mistletoe is a Christmas tradition. It most likely started with the Celtic Druids of the first century. Mistletoe could blossom even in the worst winters. It became a sacred symbol of vivacity. They would give it to humans and animals to restore fertility.
29. What do people leave out for a snack for Santa?
30. What Christmas carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965?
It happened in 1965, just before the crew was supposed to enter the Earth’s atmosphere. They were completing a pre-Christmas mission aboard the Gemini 6. The crew reported seeing a man in a red suit. The ground controllers could hear in the back ground the song, “Jingle Bells.”